`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
To all of the people who complain about this site

To all of the people who complain about this site
Hey everyone....just my 2 cents on the complaints that I have heard about Beckett's website over the past several years.

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but...Beckett's site is THE best place to trade. It has been slow here lately, so I thought I would try another site for new "trading blood". The one positive was that I did get many responses to a trade post. The HUGE negative was that it TAKES FREAKING FOREVER to trade.

People would reply "hey - what do you have in Cleveland Indians?" I had to manually get a list together - by typing, or by copy and pasting....the list has to be generated somehow. I don't know about you, but I can't list ALL or even SOME of my Indians cards quickly. This takes time and time, and then more time....searching for cards, typing, etc. It will take me days to fully reply to everyone that replied to my post of the other site. Also - people would say, hey check my bucket. Going through buckets takes time too. Plus, if I need that certain 1990's regular issue card of someone, who's gonna have a pic of that in their bucket? NOBODY.

That is what I like about Beckett.com. You have work up front, loading all of your cards in the system....but once you do that, trades are FAST. I have learned much over the years and loading cards doesn't really take that long. The trade feature, coupled with the organize feature and OPG is freaking priceless. I have a wife and 3 kids (14, 11, 8)......I don't have too much free time. Time is like gold to me.

You can go through people's inventory and search by any word you want...also search by team and player. You can even search by team AND player if you only want Roger Clemens in Blue Jays uniforms. You instantly see what other people have that fits your criteria. If you load your collections properly, you can even see a "STAR" next to the cards the other person has that you want to trade for. Being a player collector - this is awesome.

Yes, the site has been slow lately......but man is it WAAAAAY faster than doing it manually. When you try to make a trade on another site, what do you do to compare trade values???? You go to BECKETT.COM and look it up. In the Beckett trade feature, the book values ARE RIGHT THERE and they even add it all up for all you math wizards!! When I had to get that list of Indians players, I came to my Beckett account and started a "dummy" trade and searched my organize for Indians cards. A list of hundreds came up in two seconds. I had to copy and paste that list into the other site. Took me several minutes because I had formatting issues to deal with when I pasted into the other site. But the main idea of this story is I still had to use my Beckett account to trade somewhere else. Why go anywhere else? Stay here, trade here.....simple. I am sold and what I went through today just solidified it.

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Always trading for Barry Larkin. Also looking for Joe Burrow and Tee Higgins. 

Will consider trading for other current/past Cincinnati Reds and Bengals.

[Image: Uw7lfAR.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
To all of the people who complain about this site - by 7whodey - 01-10-2013, 11:20 PM