`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
The Great Trade Up Competition 2013 - Trade Thread NEW ADDED

The Great Trade Up Competition 2013 - Trade Thread NEW ADDED
Welcome to The Great Trade Up Competition for 2013. If this works well we will do two more later in the year beginning May 1st and September 1st. The winner will of course have a chance to defend his/her title and play in the May competition as well.

The rules are simple. The competition will consist of ten players. The person with the best valued card in the end is the winner.

Here are the rules.
1. Everyone participating must begin with a $5-6 Beckett valued and must post a scan of that card in the thread. Choose this card wisely. The better the start the better the finish possibly.
2. Each person participating will put a $30 (or higher) Beckett valued card in the prize fund, it must also have an eBay sell value of at least $15 to prevent junk from funneling into the prize fund.
3. There is a maximum number of two trades per player allowed each week. This is to prevent slow shippers from hurting the competition.
4. Trades must be single card trades and must be posted in the thread and confirmed by the trading party.

For example: dbroockerd trades 2011 Eric Hosmer Diamond Anniversary to dontpray for 2011 Gypsy Queen Nelson Cruz autograph (just an example)

5. When the new card arrives you must then edit your post to show the new card available.
6. There are no do overs in this deal. If you get bamboozled then too bad so sad. Move on and hope for the best. You all need to be smart in your trades and don't accept something you aren't sure you can move.
7. If a card comes in that you feel you'd rather PC you may PC the card but you will forfeit your spot in the competition and your prize card donation will not be returned. You may also choose to keep it and start fresh with a new $5 card.
8. The competition will end when everyone has either forfeited their spot or on March 31st, 2013.
9. All final trades must be posted and complete by March 31st. I will then allow a week grace period for the card to arrive in the mail. As long as its posted and completed you will be able to count it.
10. All trades must be done through the Beckett system, no exceptions. If you are not subscribed to the OPG or organize then you are not eligible to enter. Sorry!
11. Please remove the card from the thread after it is posted so others know that it is no longer available.
12. Keep your post updated.
13. The competition will allow the first 10 entries and I will take reserves in case someone falters. Your entry is not accepted until your prize card has been received by me.
14. Entries must send their $30+ prize card to me to be held for the prize in the end. Also include a note or index card stating your user ID and "The Great Trade Up" so I know what it is for. a DC number is required for this mailing. I will store all 10 cards in a fire proof box until the end of the competition.
15. Judges will be selected to choose the winner. We will have a panel of three judges chosen by the Beckett members. They will select a winner, not based on BV but rather based on who they feel has traded up to the most valuable card in the end. BV doesn't always mean valuable. Sell value would be the final determination.
16. In the event the judges feel two people hold similar valued cards at the top the judges will then look at the trade history to see who they feel has made the better trades to get to the end result. All judges must be impartial.
17. The first original post by any player is where they must post their cards. We will each keep our first post updated with new trades and pictures so that this all stays within one post and doesn't take up the boards with multiple posts. If this rule is followed it should mean the 10 cards available are always shown in the first 10 posts of this thread.
18. After any trade is made the other trader must post a confirmation post in this thread confirming he/she did in fact accept the trade to avoid collusion.
19. Any trade violating these rules will be disqualified and its player disqualified as well.
20. The final card traded for by each player is there card to keep. The prize card sent in however goes to the winner. This means the winner will receive 10 cards all values $30 or more. The prize cards will be posted in the thread for the duration of the competition.
21. Each player is responsible for their own trades. The competition will not stop if the mail holds you up or a slow shipper holds you up, so trade wisely.
22. Please try to have each card in hand before closing your next deal. It is fine to have the terms agreed on but please do not post a closed deal if the card being traded has not arrived.

This is a simple competition. We have tried hard to cover all possible questions which may arise.

This competition will begin January 1st. All prizes must be mailed as soon as possible and your spot is confirmed once I have received a DC#. If I have not received a DC# by the 20th I will replace you with the next person in line.

Players *BOLD means prize card is in hand
1. dontpray
2. dbroockerd
3. neifert
4. randall44
5. lecreccio
6. EmoryB

Prize Cards are below.
[Image: scan0108-1_zpsec3c0bd4.jpg]
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Messages In This Thread
The Great Trade Up Competition 2013 - Trade Thread NEW ADDED - by dbroockerd - 12-31-2012, 03:08 PM