The JSA "Approval" List
12-08-2012, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 10:04 AM by jchavestx.)
The JSA "Approval" List
So after a few email exchanges with a BGS rep I was given an informal list that was newly implemented in early November of this year. This is a list of certified autographs from the 1990's that came pre-packaged from the manufacturer. Most notably the Skybox Autographics brand. These cards MUST be sent to JSA first before being sent to BGS for grading, which costs $30 per card before shipping, insurance and possibly tax (if you're a TX resident).
It is my unfortunate luck that I was one of the few early customers that had to find this out the hard way. Really though I had to do a little digging after both of my orders were sent back. I really wish though that the people at Beckett would publish this list on their BGS website (with more detail) so people wont waste their money on shipping and insurance like I did.
Here is the email/list:
Here is the list that Beckett Grading requires to be sent to JSA:
The following autographed cards/sets MUST go through the JSA/BGS authentication process:
* ALL YEARS Topps Rookie Premiere/Topps Photo Shoot/Topps AFLAC Autographs unless machine serial numbered by Topps
* ALL YEARS Star Pics Autographs (key players)
* ALL YEARS Pro Line Autographs (key players)
* ALL YEARS Scoreboard/Classic/Front Row/Little Sun Autographs of Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter, Shaquille O'Neal & Kobe Bryant
* ALL YEARS Upper Deck Buyback Autographs that do not have the original UDA Certificate
* 1994 Upper Deck Alex Rodriquez, Mickey Mantle & Ken Griffey Jr. Autographs
* 2001 Fleer Legacy Albert Pujols Autographs
* Signature Rookies Autographs with ONLY a sticker for Authenticity
* 1993 -94 Hoops Magic/Bird Auto
* Fleer Autographs with questionable embossments (1992-93 Scottie Pippin, Tony Gwynn, Steve Young, etc.)
* Fleer Autographs missing factory serial numbering (because of the influx of unsigned blank auto cards due to the Fleer bankruptcy sale)
* Any key player Fleer/Skybox Autographs that were issued without factory-stamped serial numbers, regardless of embossments (including Skybox Autographics)
* Key Non Sport Autos - primarily Inkworks and Topps. Some known fakes include:
Jessica Alba - Dark Angel
Angelina Jolie - Tomb Raider 1 & 2
Several - Harry Potter
Chris Farley - Star Pics SNL
Katie Holmes - Batman Begins
Many others - if it look fishy, send it to JSA!
*Besides specific cards on this list, BGS reserves the right to refer any autographed card to JSA/BGS service if there are questionable aspects to that particular card.
This list pretty much remains the same unless a certain set or card begins to have a lot of counterfits pop up.
Skybox Autographics Set Collector
|Messages In This Thread|
The JSA "Approval" List - jchavestx - 12-08-2012 09:20 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)