`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
PLEASE read- A rant: Sucking the fun out of the hobby $500 at a time...

RE: PLEASE read- A rant: Sucking the fun out of the hobby $500 at a time...
Thanks for the feedback, everybody. A lot of this made me feel better.

Let me clarify a few more things. Stera8- I'm a journalism major. Close enough! Sorta...

Anyways, in response to the Morton's example earlier (yum...steak), it's a completely different situation, and I'm trying not to over exaggerate. But to me, I think Topps is trying to empty the pockets of its collectors and leave them with the least amount of value. There's really no other explanation I can think of, and with Morton's, they provide some pretty quality steak for that price.

I really appreciate the suggestions. I know all too well the "thrill" of buying low end boxes and sharing them with my brother. All I buy anymore is Score football. Let me repeat...Score football.

Lowest of the low. But to me, that's fun. So there's my calling.

But there's literally NO value in low end products anymore, which in the past, at least there was a little to be had. Of course, there's a difference in actual value and value to me, because value is self-assessed. Still, I'd like to show my kids a Derek Jeter '93 SP and have them feel the same thing I felt when I bought it.

They won't, though. The way things are heading, Topps is going to cut down on products like they have recently. Someone said they release a bunch of products, so I shouldn't be too concerned. But I remember a few years ago when there was actually CHOICE. There isn't anymore. Go to Walmart. Seriously. Topps Series 1 or Score. Take your pick.

Yes, I'm on a college kid's budget. And I know you all had to go through it and I applaud you all for not going crazy. Smile
Photobucket

Messages In This Thread
RE: PLEASE read- A rant: Sucking the fun out of the hobby $500 at a time... - by yankeeman5002 - 11-15-2012, 09:11 AM