`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Serious Question for Hockey Fans And Collectors
10-10-2012, 10:58 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2013 10:53 PM by rjcj2017.)
Serious Question for Hockey Fans And Collectors
Hey guys, I'm a very average hockey fan and collector ... I can tell you most of the stars' names on most of the teams, but that's about it.

I usually have little to no idea about the rookies until everyone else gets excited about them and starts pulling them, just to give you some perspective.

The funny thing is, relative to what I spend/bust, I do far better on hockey cards than any other sport.

Claims to fame:
— One box of 05-06 Upper Deck 1: Crosby YG RC
— One box of 05-06 Upper Deck 2: Ovechkin YG RC, with Crosby Victory RC is same pack!
— One blaster of 11-12 Score: Nugent-Hopkins SP RC

However, I was more into it before guys like Yzerman retired from my Red Wings.

I've been very curious about the lockout situation, since it looks like it's happening for the second time in like seven or eight years, right?

My question is this ... does it help or hurt your collecting, as far as your enthusiasm for it/spending habits? Does it help keep the cost of packs/boxes/singles down, i.e., can it be a good thing?

I don't remember enough about the 04-05 lockout to know, but will it screw up Panini's release calendar this year?

I've seen Score and Artifacts out on the retail shelves, but I know the NBA lockout killed Panini's calendar last year.

Anyway, just curious ... I hope the lockout ends soon.

UPDATE: JUST WANTED TO CONGRATULATE YOU GUYS ON THE LOCKOUT ENDING. I ADMIRE YOUR GUYS' PASSION FOR THE SPORT AND THE CARDS! RJ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Serious Question for Hockey Fans And Collectors - rjcj2017 - 10-10-2012 10:58 AM