(Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
R. Nugent Hopkins Potential
10-09-2012, 03:59 PM
RE: R. Nugent Hopkins Potential
(10-09-2012 03:31 PM)kstjst Wrote:  rczubaty and wickabee --

first and foremost, thanks for the info and education. once again, being from hawaii (even with the internet), we're a little lost on the intricacies of hockey.

secondly, i in no way meant any disrespect for the oilers. the whole "sub par team" thing only referred to their record, which at the end of the day, is what ignorant people (myself included) in a sport goes by. i do know they seem to have a magnificent up-side to their team.

He's just mad because he had to hear the truth one more time, haha.

What? With RNH, Hall, Eberle, Paararvi and now Yakupov and Schultz we aren't going to be able to make fun of the Oilers much longer, so I need to get it all in now.

(I'm a Canucks fan and we're division rivals, so some good natured ribbing is always in order)

What RNH in Edmonton has going for him that, say, Tavares playing for the NY Islanders doesn't is an insane fanbase. Oilers fans live and die by the team and they collect like it. Islanders fans, not so much. Tavares, or even STamkos, has to be that much better just to get noticed. I call it "Shane Doan Syndrome" or "Rick Nash Disease". Great players who should be hobby darlings but go ignored because they play in Phoenix or Columbus, which aren't exactly hockey hotbeds with large fanbases. Edmonton has a much smaller population, but more hockey fans who are hungrier for anything and everything Oiler.

Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
R. Nugent Hopkins Potential - kstjst - 10-09-2012, 12:12 PM
RE: R. Nugent Hopkins Potential - wickabee - 10-09-2012, 01:25 PM
RE: R. Nugent Hopkins Potential - rczubaty - 10-09-2012, 02:02 PM
RE: R. Nugent Hopkins Potential - wickabee - 10-09-2012, 02:34 PM
RE: R. Nugent Hopkins Potential - kstjst - 10-09-2012, 03:31 PM
RE: R. Nugent Hopkins Potential - wickabee - 10-09-2012 03:59 PM