`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
R. Nugent Hopkins Potential
10-09-2012, 12:12 PM
R. Nugent Hopkins Potential
Just pulled a 2011-12 SPx Finite Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Rookie Card #F37, Level 3, Serial#99/99...Sorry, I don't have a scan for it. But the card, in my estimates, is very very nice. No corner wear what so ever, no surface flaws, no edge wear that I can see, absolutely nothing wrong with it. So, although I've always been against grading (especially hearing how you can actually "buy" grades), I'm thinking of doing just that.

But living in Hawaii, where hockey just isn't as big a sport, I don't keep up with the potential of the rookies as I would for say Football or Basketball (Baseball has waaaayyy too many to keep track of). I know that Nugent-Hopkins was the biggest rookie draw last season...but because it was a relatively weak class (based on sale prices), is his plus side worth my time getting the card graded?

I've made many mistakes before regarding selling too low or too early in a player's career and I want to avoid that again. For instance, during the 2008-09 season, I pulled huge on Stamko's cards...SPx auto patch rookie, a regular #ed to 499 AND a gold #ed/25 and a UD Black Letterman Auto. But I sold most of them during that season when he was the top rookie, but his performance was still just so-so. Of course, as we all know, he went on to a few scoring titles since.

So the question now is...does Ryan Nugent-Hopkins have the potential to overcome a weak class, a lock out, and a sub par team, and become a hobby darling?

I'd appreciate any feedback you could give me.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
R. Nugent Hopkins Potential - kstjst - 10-09-2012 12:12 PM
RE: R. Nugent Hopkins Potential - wickabee - 10-09-2012, 01:25 PM
RE: R. Nugent Hopkins Potential - rczubaty - 10-09-2012, 02:02 PM
RE: R. Nugent Hopkins Potential - wickabee - 10-09-2012, 02:34 PM
RE: R. Nugent Hopkins Potential - kstjst - 10-09-2012, 03:31 PM
RE: R. Nugent Hopkins Potential - wickabee - 10-09-2012, 03:59 PM