`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
HOF debate: wanna hear opinions....contest as well

RE: HOF debate: wanna hear opinions....contest as well
Biggio-Yes he was good for a long time, and at 2 positions, started as a catcher. 3k hits and solid defensively.
Bagwell-I think so, but not first ballot, breaking his hand frequently impacted his overall numbers. But he was one of the best first baseman in the NL for quite a while, and hit for average and power. I still can't stomach the fact that the Red Sox traded him for Larry Andersen.
Palmiero- I think will get in, but not for a while. I know for me him pointing his finger and proclaiming his innocence then getting nailed for PED use didn't help him in the court of public opinion. He was also despised by his teammates, and I'm guessing the writers didn't love him much either and it's their vote that puts him the hall.
Blyleven- I don't think he does deserve it, like someone else already said he pitched forever. I think a lot of pitchers could have put up those kinds of numbers if they pitched for that long. He was 287-250,so based on that he was never really dominant at any point in his career and he gave up a ton of homers. Although he was getting pulled from a game once and the crowd started serenading him with "Bye bye Bertie" (I think there is a song called bye bye birdie) and he flipped off the entire stadium, which earns him points with me haha.
Thomas- He'll get in, his MVP's and like Bagwell hitting for average and power. However, I think much like Jim Rice he tailed off pretty badly towards the end of his career. I think that late career struggle will keep him off the first ballot.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOF debate: wanna hear opinions....contest as well - by jrod7290 - 10-04-2012, 03:54 PM