`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
HOF debate: wanna hear opinions....contest as well
10-04-2012, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2012 02:34 PM by zeprock.)
RE: HOF debate: wanna hear opinions....contest as well
Biggio: He's a Hall of Famer in my opinion. 1st ballot? I don't think so. 7-time All-Star. Led his league in steals once, never in any batting categories. He does have 4 Gold Gloves and 5 Silver Slugger Awards. 3000 hits should be a lock on the Hall but not necessarily 1st ballot.

Bagwell: He's a Hall of Famer in my opinion too. Sort of like Jim Rice though. It may take him several years to get in. He only went to 4 All-Star games (hard to believe that's all). He picked up one Gold Glove and only two Silver Slugger Awards but he did add a Rookie of the Year and an MVP to his resume. I think he eventually gets in.

Palmeiro: He's a Hall of Famer in my opinion as well but I don't think he gets in due to his steroid controversy. 569 homers, over 3000 hits, three Gold Gloves. He piled up the numbers and I'm fairly sure he wasn't on the juice all his career. I expect he'll be punished and never get in.

Blyleven: I've long thought Blyleven was a Hall of Famer and was happy to see him finally get in. A couple of World Championships and a no-hitter on his resume along with leading his league in strikeouts once. Not his fault he was laboring on poor teams most of his career. Number 3 on the all-time strikeout list with 3701 when he retired. Almost 287 wins with an ERA around 3.30. Imagine if he'd played for good teams.

Thomas: Absolutely a Hall of Famer in my opinion. I also believe he will go in on the first ballot. He hit for power and average, loomed large in the batter's box and for most of a decade, along with Griffey Jr., was the last guy you wanted to face as a pitcher.

Thanks for the contest.

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

[Image: ZeprockSig3.jpg]

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOF debate: wanna hear opinions....contest as well - zeprock - 10-04-2012 02:29 PM