`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
HOF debate: wanna hear opinions....contest as well
10-04-2012, 02:02 PM
RE: HOF debate: wanna hear opinions....contest as well
1. For Biggio, I would say yes, but it could be close. Yes, he may not have been in the post season that much, but for someone to be an All-Star at 2 different positions and have over 3000 hits deserves a 1st nod. He's also on the list with Bonds, Sosa, Clemens, Schilling, Piazza, etc... that's why I think he may or may not make it but it will be close.

2. For Bagwell, I'm leaning towards no, but as you mentioned he could be put in 10 years from now. His numbers fall short for me, only 4 all-star appearances (really only 3 great seasons), so his consistency hurts him. He was an MVP though so that helps, but overall I still think no.

3. For Palmeiro, and for every other steroid user caught (or unknowingly knew they did it), I don't think get into the Hall until after they are dead (Pete Rose is another, but that's a different topic) and even then I don't think they will. Bonds is the only player I can think of that may get in before he dies only because he was sooo great before the steroid allegations.

4. I'm still not sure how Blyleven got in. If anyone plays the game for 23 years, of course they are gonna have high numbers, but it doesn't show greatness. Only 2 All-Star appearances, but he does have the 2 WS rings, so maybe that bumped him over. I personally wouldn't have voted for him.

5. Frank Thomas in my opinion is an absolute lock for the HOF. Did anyone put more fear into a pitcher more than him during the 90's?!? .301 career average, 520+ bombs, 1700+ RBI. 2014 HOF INDUCTEE!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOF debate: wanna hear opinions....contest as well - motu79 - 10-04-2012 02:02 PM