`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Your Favorite Basketball Set?!
10-04-2012, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2012 09:09 AM by jtulliakat0628.)
Your Favorite Basketball Set?!
So I guess this will be a story/discussion thread.

Just curious what you guys think is your favorite basketball set was.

Mine has to be 2008-09 Topps Chrome basketball. There is a personal reason behind it.

I have been collecting ever since I was about 10 but 2007 was really my first year collecting as far as serious value and protection of my cards. Penny sleeves, top loaders, screwdowns and one touches. As a kid, all my baseball cards went into a binder because they were all commons and I just wanted to collect them because that is what all my little league buddies did.

When I completely the 05 topps chrome update ryan braun rainbow (took me a year and a half to complete and I still have it) I really wanted to set my eyes on a basketball set. A big reason being I had never collected basketball cards before and had always like topps chrome baseball so figured I would give basketball a shot. I bought my first retail pack at the woodville walmart in 2008 and I hit a Derrick Rose Orange Ref RC /499. Instead of doing the intelligent thing and holding on to this card from a product that I was really starting to like, I sold it on eBay for 40 bucks and not a day goes by that I wish I could have it back.

Even though I did what I did, I still love the set and just might start chasing it again. And because I don't open boxes very frequently, it is also my biggest pull!

Which set is yalls favorite?

[Image: jtulliakat0628copy.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Your Favorite Basketball Set?! - jtulliakat0628 - 10-04-2012 08:37 AM
RE: Your Favorite Basketball Set?! - kct1 - 10-04-2012, 01:36 PM
RE: Your Favorite Basketball Set?! - bengu - 10-04-2012, 04:01 PM
RE: Your Favorite Basketball Set?! - nba50 - 10-07-2012, 10:53 PM