`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have some questions....Any help?

RE: I have some questions....Any help?
I've finally decided on a PC and with that, I am getting every PC card graded. Most of them will be vintage and the sets I'm working on, the cards will not be tip top shape by any means. I pretty much try to pick up already graded cards but if not, I send them in just to verify authenticity and that they are not altered. Personally, I don't care about the grade at all. It's just some dude's opinion that could change from day to day. However, since they are PC, I grade them because 1) I like the way they present in the slab of the company I use and 2) if for some reason I croak tomorrow, my family will know what they are looking at if they want to keep them or sell them.

I recommend getting all of the greats graded if anything. Anything else depends on you. I'm getting my commons graded as well but that's just me as I hope to someday complete these sets and have them in the slabs of the company I use as they present nicely and I think it would look pretty classy to have them all together like that. Again, just my personal taste.

Additionally, do some research on the companies and go with what YOU want to go with. In regards to protection, unless you have a tendency to suddenly shake the heck out of your cards, use it as a baseball in a pick up game, or take it scuba diving with you, any one of the three will provide ample protection. Plenty of older cards have lasted a VERY LONG time in far far lesser conditions and turned out just fine.

In the end, don't rush your decision. Take enough time to think about it, and then add more time. You're going to be spending money doing this so you want to make sure that you are going to be happy with it. If you're concerned about the grade, always assume it will come back in lesser condition than you think it is and you won't (most likely) be disappointed. Do your research, and good luck! Remember, it's YOUR collection and you're the one that will be looking at it every day so go with what YOU want.

Messages In This Thread
I have some questions....Any help? - by ger12 - 07-23-2012, 01:20 AM
RE: I have some questions....Any help? - by ricelynnevans75 - 07-26-2012, 10:46 PM
RE: I have some questions....Any help? - by ger12 - 07-28-2012, 02:08 AM