`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you were looking for an explanation...

RE: If you were looking for an explanation...
(06-02-2012, 01:34 PM)kstjst Wrote: I don't understand why it would have been so hard to put 2011 rookies in the 2011-12 products. Doesn't panini have the exclusive contract with the NBA? And if so, they wouldn't have to sign the rookies to individual contracts. As soon as the draft was announced and a few of the major rookies signed contracts with their respective teams, panini would have been able to get at least their cards into all their sets, which...HELLO...didnt distribute until the regular season ended anyway!

They seem to forget that the cards DON'T have to be autographed to become a popular collectible. Proof of that are the Jonathan Quick rookie cards in hockey. He's the hot goal tender right now, who's Ultimate and SP Authentic Rookies are selling for upwards of $100 even though they are not autographed.

I just think that Panini doesn't take this part of their business seriously enough to get the job done.

+1. RC cards don't have to be autographed. The autos can be extra inserts or parallels.. since Panini was too slow on creating RC cards.. they could of thrown in some redemptions.. then figure out what player goes with what number later... keep them all listed with print runs /99, /299 or what ever... the low number could be the top RC's.. figure out names later on in the season.

I hate 2011-12 basketball cards. It is not worth buying boxes. Not too many collectors want Kobe's auto anymore. They are getting harder to sell for good money...

I stopped at a card shop in Santee, Ca after watching an Airshow. Haven't been to All Star Sports Cards in a couple years... so went in.. they had a bunch of BKB wax.. mostly unopen boxes.. the guy working said they have not sold too many BKB boxes this year.. but they try to keep 1-2 boxes of every (new) product. I decided to go with a box of Past & Present. Was lucky to talk the guy down to $85. he had it marked for $100. He said he'd give it to me for $95, but then I asked if he could give me a military discount. he said, sure. Make sure you come back for some more...

In the middle of opening the box.. pulled two autos in the first 4 packs.. one is a redemption 2011 RC AUTO # XRCQ... wonder if I can sell it on ebay for $49.99... what you think?

2011-12 BKB cards are going to go down in history as one of the most screwed up years for collecting...

Bring back 90's INSERTS!!

on another note.. out of 2 1/1 boxes.. I have yet to pull a SP VARIATIONS card... what are the odds of pulling them? I have half a box left to open on my 2nd box.. Hard to imagine so many people have VARIATION "lots" listed online...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you were looking for an explanation... - by jpleazme805 - 06-02-2012, 03:28 PM