`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what has happened to the hobby?

RE: what has happened to the hobby?
(08-31-2011, 08:26 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: like the inputs... don't think that the basketball forum is slow because of people not liking beckett.com... I think most collectors can not afford to collect as much as they used to because of high cost of wax or singles, in some cases..

the hobby has changed so much, it is hard to stay in it for the same reasons most of us started collecting. Older collectors used to collect sets & inserts, along with PC players.. but it is very difficult to put sets together for today's collectors.. it is extremely hard to get RC sets together.. because they are autographed.

It gets boring looking at the same site day after day... I enjoy reading all the threads, but have not found too many collectors willing to trade or do not see anything other collector's card inventory.. this is the main reason I have not traded.. I do not see anything I like or trade would not be fair in my opinion. I get a lot of trade offers for cards that I have, but they get cancelled, because I did not reply to them fast enough.. traders have to be patient. trades for the most part are not done overnight. they take time.. Us cardboard addicts are not online every minute of the day.. sometimes we are only online 1-3 times a week..

Dude, I totally understand.

***All those new traders that are for some reason shy, maybe because they read a few post blasting another member, need to realize that communication is key. Don't be shy the other members can't reach through the computer and hit you or bite you, even if you have an issue on your end or if you have even changed your mind about an offer.

If you do happen to run into a rude trader just add them to your ignore list. My list grows all the time.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

Messages In This Thread
what has happened to the hobby? - by edescartes - 08-28-2011, 05:27 PM
RE: what has happened to the hobby? - by bengu - 08-29-2011, 08:19 AM
RE: what has happened to the hobby? - by antriarc - 08-29-2011, 09:17 AM
RE: what has happened to the hobby? - by antriarc - 08-30-2011, 01:29 PM
RE: what has happened to the hobby? - by tmakact7 - 08-30-2011, 10:04 PM
RE: what has happened to the hobby? - by got watcha want - 08-31-2011, 09:50 PM
RE: what has happened to the hobby? - by kenarm79 - 10-20-2011, 06:23 PM