`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Allen Ginter JFK 1/1 Relic hits E-bay.... Sold by none other than...

RE: Allen Ginter JFK 1/1 Relic hits E-bay.... Sold by none other than...
Hello everyone. I am the seller of this card and I just felt the need to defend myself. Let me start by saying that I am not a pack searcher. I am a father of 4 and work full-time, so I do not have the time to sit and search cards. I enjoy collecting cards and have passed my love of the hobby on to my 2 boys. Every once in awhile I will purchase a lot of hot packs from someone I met in the community. If I'm lucky I make 2 dollars off each pack. If you go and read my feedback on ebay, you will see that I take care of each and every one of my buyers with next day shipping and bonus cards (most of the time I give an extra auto or relic card). My feedback speaks for itself.

I have spent thousands on boxes only to get very few great hits. As we all know, this is a hobby that requires taking gambles and 99% of the time we lose out. That 1% falls on times like this, where I happen to have gotten a pull of a lifetime (which I am grateful for and do not expect to repeat itself). I try to teach my boys this hobby is a lot like life...stuff doesn't always go your way, sometimes the person next to you will get what you want, and you need to be happy for them. I thought that this was part of what collecting was all about. At least this is what it meant to me when I was 9, and at 28 I feel the same way every time I break open a pack of cards. I know there are always going to be people that are jealous b/c that has been me before, but in those instances I bit my tongue and tried to be nothing but happy for them. I really debated even putting this card up since it would be a great heirloom to pass on to my kids, but to be honest I could really use the money to support my family right now. So whether I get $1000 or $20,000 I know that I am extremely lucky to be in this position and to own such a extraordinary card...and trust me luck has not been on my side most of my life. I just want to thank everyone for being part of this hobby that we love so much. I hope it doesn't fade away--I would hope that it lasts for my kids to experience all the joys of being a collector.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allen Ginter JFK 1/1 Relic hits E-bay.... Sold by none other than... - by LARSON83 - 07-25-2011, 12:12 AM