IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wanted: 1990-91 NBA Hoops Michael Jordan #65 & story

wanted: 1990-91 NBA Hoops Michael Jordan #65 & story
Hey everyone,<br />
<br />
first time posting here.&nbsp;&nbsp; Use to collect cards for about 15 years (mostly baseball but dabbled in other sports) but stopped in the mid 90s.&nbsp; what I considered the holy grail of my collection (which years later I became more realistic and consider it more just..an awesome card that I held onto that may have some value to it).<br />
<br />
I pulled it from a pack of cards around the age of 11 while playing "war" with packs of 90 hoops cards with the local card vendor at the flea market my parents ran an electronic booth at on the weekends.&nbsp;&nbsp; after I won a couple packs of cards went back and were sorting and loading them into my binder.&nbsp;&nbsp; upon flipping over a page saw I had an NFL pro set card in my binder.&nbsp;&nbsp; I had no interest in football then and never bought cards so pulled it out to see how it snuck its way in there...&nbsp; low and behold the front of the card was Michael Jordan.<br />
<br />
anyway kept it stored away safely and just recently decided to unearth it and get it graded when I found another wrongback error of the same card online and picked it up. <br />
<br />
so now that I have both graded I am looking to pick up a graded regular version of the card, as well as any other random errors or variations anyone might have. (blank back, wrongback, doubleprinted front/back/etc)<br />
<br />
(Unfortunately for me the centering is so insanely off on the back of the card the centering of 4 tanked the overall score of the card to 5.5,&nbsp; but the average on the other 3 subs were 8.5&nbsp; so all in all a beautiful card, with horrible centering on the back Smile&nbsp; luckily the centering does not matter to me as the appeal of the card is the fact it has a pro set card on the back anyway!<br />
<br />
attached is a link to a photo of both cards front/back and grades Wink<br />
<br />
looking for: BGS 8 or better of the card (preferably 9/9.5), or a PSA 10 for a reasonable price.&nbsp;&nbsp; there is one 9.5 on ebay but the person has an absolutely ridiculous buy it now price on it.<br />
<br />
anyway thanks for reading, and please do not contact me if you have the regular ungraded version of the card as I have a few of those just looking to pick up a decent graded to go alongside my two!&nbsp;&nbsp; do however feel free to get in touch if you have any other errors of this card.&nbsp;&nbsp; someone picked up two blank backs of it for a buck on ebay that i missed out on so I am sure others out there have more!<br />
<br />
http://i29.tinypic.com/dgii9x.jpg<br />
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

Messages In This Thread
wanted: 1990-91 NBA Hoops Michael Jordan #65 & story - by johnxgodfree - 07-23-2010, 06:15 AM
wanted: 1990-91 NBA Hoops Michael Jordan #65 & story - by spaynter5 - 07-23-2010, 08:17 AM