`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

Sir, you don't happen to have a 2009 UD Goudey Memorabilia Nick Swisher card, do you? I've got one. I just wondered because it appears that you're a Nick Swisher collector.
[Image: rattboycopy.jpg]

I NEVER trade Bowman Chrome cards, just so you know Big Grin

Chris,

I recently saw an article that said the Card industry has gone from a 1 Billion dollar a year industry to a 200 Million.  With this extreme decrease in sales, do you see anything the hobby is doing to attract new consumers?
I have changed my approach to collecting. I have gotten the Vintage Bug. I am
looking for any and all Vintage Mays cards. I am also building the 1953 Topps s
et.

1st4040 Wrote:Here's a question alot of player collectors have.

why are Topps Tek listed as one card per player when there are many patterns per card number? same with the diffractors and golds. would be nice to have all the versions recognized especially from a trade standpoint because you cannot clearly mark what you need in your organize tools.

Agreed.
[Image: JETER-BANNER.jpg]

chrisolds Wrote:
The Cardboard Fan Wrote:
chrisolds Wrote:Ah... *that* set.

(See previous answer about Signacuts and cut sets above.)

Yeah I saw that, but unlicensed or not they are in Beckett slabs out of the packaging so? Just doesn't seem right but enough of my rant

Either way thanks Chris

Just because a product has a Beckett slab (not graded or authenticated by Beckett, by the way) doesn't mean it will be cataloged or priced. Again, it's the licensing that, I believe, is the reason.

It just sucks as per the TOS (from what I can tell anways) I would have to go outside of Beckett if I happened to want to trade this card away, would be nice just to get to add it to my PC... even if they weren't priced just in there

Again, not to harrass you about it I just wish there was some kind of fix for this
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

Chris,

Do you know the checklist for 2008 Bowman Sterling WBC Patches? I'm waiting on one.

The WBC Sterling patch checklist hasn't been released yet.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Next time you are at the watercooler and see one of these guys, can you pass on my concerns? Tannks-Pat

Question 1:

Does Beckett have any evidence that this card exists?

2001 Fleer Tradition "Stitches in Time" Willie Mays Autograph #4

The price guide checklists it and has a high BV of $150.00 for it. Yet I have collected this set and have spoken with many knowledgeable collectors of this set and no one has ever seen this card in autographed form. An unautographed version had surfaced, but not out of a pack (Fleer bankruptcy release). I would like to know how Beckett can catalogue and value this card, as it doesn't exist to my knowledge and isn't traded (i.e. no market information for valuation).

Question 2:

The serial number quantities produced of 2007 Upper Deck Sweet Spot Autos is dead wrong in Beckett's checklist on many of the parallels for many different players. I have two Mark Grace cards that can be shown to contradict what Beckett publishes as the print runs. I understand you get this information directly from the manufacturers upon product release, and there may have been changes to the product by the manufacturer that make their provided checklist incorrect. Is there any way we as collectors can submit corrected information and photo evidence to Beckett to update the listings?
[Image: gracecollectorbanner.jpg]

my question is is why are you charging me 6 dollars a month and i am not able to get prices on cards like 2009 topps legends refractors, etc?

inconsistancies

you dont care

its a rip off

you will straighten this out immediately, won't you?

let's go bucs! (I know I am hoping for too much)

Here's the WBC patch checklist:

Yu Darvish
Ichiro Suzuki
Aorichika Aoki
Yulieski Gourriel
Shinnosuke Abe
Michael Enriquez
Dylan Lindsay
Chenhao Li
Po-Hsuan Keng
Fu-Te Ni
Yoennie Cespedes
Kai Liu
Wei-Chu Lin
Jimmy Rollins
Masahiro Tanaka
Gift Ngoepe
Juancarlos Sulbaran
Tae Kyun Kim
Dae Ho Lee
Greg Halman
Ryan Braun
Phillipe Aumont
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)