`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

a-rod in 2014
Now that a-rod is suspended is Topps allowed to produce cards of him in 2014?

Thanks,

Steve

RE: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
I know Chris doesn't handle the price guide, but I'm hoping he can or someone else can pass this along to them. I'm working on completing the 2013 Gypsy Queen Mini Set and have run into a few cards that are impossible to find. COMC, Beckett Marketplace, Sportlots, Ebay, etc., there are none out there. After cross-checking the mini checklist to the base checklist, I realized that minis I can't find are SP in the base set. I'm positive that the minis in the 2013 GQ checklist are SP'd just like the corresponding cards in the base set. These aren't "short-printed" like the Hobby Mini Box Variations (which seem to have had a higher print rate than the ###A versions), I'm thinking the print run had to be around 100 each. I've resorted to buying green and sepia minis because I can't find the regular version of the SP'd minis anywhere. The worst part is that the BV has them priced just like the non-SP'd minis. For some of these SP's with a BV of $1, I'd gladly pay ten times that if I could get my hands on one.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

RE: a-rod in 2014
(01-18-2014, 10:45 PM)missingsf Wrote: Now that a-rod is suspended is Topps allowed to produce cards of him in 2014?

Thanks,

Steve
He is not on baseball's Ineligible List. That would prevent him from being on cards like Joe Jackson, Pete Rose and several others.

As long as he's under contract with Topps, he'll have a card with Topps. As long as he's with the MLBPA, he can have cards with Panini.
(02-03-2014, 04:28 PM)cross4444 Wrote: I know Chris doesn't handle the price guide, but I'm hoping he can or someone else can pass this along to them. I'm working on completing the 2013 Gypsy Queen Mini Set and have run into a few cards that are impossible to find. COMC, Beckett Marketplace, Sportlots, Ebay, etc., there are none out there. After cross-checking the mini checklist to the base checklist, I realized that minis I can't find are SP in the base set. I'm positive that the minis in the 2013 GQ checklist are SP'd just like the corresponding cards in the base set. These aren't "short-printed" like the Hobby Mini Box Variations (which seem to have had a higher print rate than the ###A versions), I'm thinking the print run had to be around 100 each. I've resorted to buying green and sepia minis because I can't find the regular version of the SP'd minis anywhere. The worst part is that the BV has them priced just like the non-SP'd minis. For some of these SP's with a BV of $1, I'd gladly pay ten times that if I could get my hands on one.
Send your findings to bfleischer@beckett.com.

Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

I need help with 2006 topps

Hi I have a perplexing card on my hands.. 
In 2006 topps had a special redemption promotion where winners would receive a complete 2006 topps set with a blue border numbered to /10. Back when it first came out I bought a couple of packs.. and I got a blue bordered card of at that time highly touted mets prospect lastings milledge. 

it was NOT #'Rd and it had a completely different picture on the front. The regular card had him batting. The card I have has lastings taking a curtain call.. I tried calling topps back when I first got it, they said they were aware of it but had no clue how it got into a pack. The back of the card is identical to the regular card and it has the rookie logo on it.. just like the regular card. Another weird thing is that it is card number uh155.. which would mean it was in updates and highlights. . But I pulled it out of regular topps.. I remember because I also pulled that alex Gordon cut out rookie error. ...

Shortly after that I got out of the card game all together, and I sold all of my cards except for that blue border lastings milledge.

it's been 8 years and I still have no answers. Can you help?
Here is the card I have..
[Image: 20140423_194103_zps5a113e7f.jpg]

here is the normal card..
[Image: 727eb606-b14f-4eaf-a8a0-8fb27047cfc7_zps953fe789.jpg]

Have you ever heard of a baseball card set called "Generals of The Mound"?

(04-30-2014, 06:42 PM)hawkhugh1 Wrote: Have you ever heard of a baseball card set called "Generals of The Mound"?
you have pictures (fornt and back)? can you give me any more info? vintage, modern?

hey, I have a question. What is the difference between a Topps baseball Hobby Box and a Topps baseball retail box? What types of things are included with each?

Thanks, Ron

(05-05-2014, 07:54 PM)ronr58 Wrote: hey, I have a question. What is the difference between a Topps baseball Hobby Box and a Topps baseball retail box? What types of things are included with each?

Thanks, Ron
Difference is volume of cards, odds on inserts, certain inclusions. Hobby = version sold at a card shop or via a major online dealer. Retail = typical chain stores.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Chris-What does DM me mean, Thanks

(07-12-2014, 07:26 PM)gosports1 Wrote: Chris-What does DM me mean, Thanks
My best guess is Direct Message.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!