Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

RE: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
2013 Topps Heritage Ad Panels...3 cards all #ed 500
Any idea of when they may be added to database for pricing??
Thanks

Apparently some 2013 Topps Archives are not listed in the database. Just pulled a Rob Dibble Tall Boy insert but can't find it listed anywhere.

(09-23-2009, 07:29 PM)chrisolds Wrote: Have a question about something? Post it here and I'll see if I can answer it. Who knows, it could end up in a future issue...

FYIs, though:
I don't handle pricing ... that would be the "ask the senior price guide analyst" sticky thread to perhaps arrive over in the Beckett Baseball Pricing Forum.

I also don't handle tech/site issues or subscriptions. Please use customerservice@beckett.com.

Other than that, I'll see what I can do...

This is one of a few new things we're going to try online in terms of reader interaction projects. We're also soon going to try some multimedia projects as well.

Has anyone noticed how many errors there are in the 2011 bowman Platinum baseball product? I have a Buster Posey and Jose Iglesias with errors on the back (wrong stats line on Posey card and wrong write-up on Iglesias). I have broken 1 box and noticed both of those errors. Nothing is mentioned about corrections in the guide. Just curious, thanks.

Hey Chris I have looked up and down all over beckett, ebay and everywhere in between for this card and I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist. It isn't rare by any means its an /599 but in the year and a half I've been super collecting Paul Goldschmidt I've yet to see proof it exists at all. I've never seen a photo, never seen one on ebay nor has one ever sold that I can find and I've never seen anyone who has had it for sale or trade EVER. Any help as its driving me crazy! lol

http://www.beckett.com/baseball/2012/top...dt-8580950
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

(06-18-2013, 09:16 PM)ryanmo5 Wrote: Hey Chris I have looked up and down all over beckett, ebay and everywhere in between for this card and I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist. It isn't rare by any means its an /599 but in the year and a half I've been super collecting Paul Goldschmidt I've yet to see proof it exists at all. I've never seen a photo, never seen one on ebay nor has one ever sold that I can find and I've never seen anyone who has had it for sale or trade EVER. Any help as its driving me crazy! lol

http://www.beckett.com/baseball/2012/top...dt-8580950

Are you talking about this one?

Edit: oops! Wrong year.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?...2504768475
[Image: B6aktTl.png]

I collect Bears, Celtics, Yankees, Cardinals prospects, and Razorbacks

(06-19-2013, 02:34 PM)Razorback9 Wrote: Are you talking about this one?

Edit: oops! Wrong year.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?...2504768475
Haha yeah ive seen tons of this year but not one last year since ive been collecting
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

Direct your baseball database additions to Brian Fleischer -- bfleischer@beckett.com.

Checklist inclusions are based on what is provided by card company with all stuff verified as best that crew can. Having cards pulled from set but listed on CLs is a possibility but not the norm.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Hello, I have a 1989 Griffey Jr. Upper Deck RC rated a 10 by "Rare Grading, Inc."
Any idea what it's worth. Beckett said rated 10 it's worth $1400.00 pristine. This one is rated 10 gem/mint. Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2008 GOUDEY CARLOS BELTRAN CARD NO.115
Over the last few years I have purchased your BASEBALL BECKETT MONTHLY to see if there was any reference of this card being an UER or a CORRECTED ERROR.The card I'm referring to is Carlos Beltran card No. 115 and the error that I'm referring to on my card is in the stats and in the year of 07 my card shows his stolen bases as 250.His stats reflect also that his total for his career stolen bases as 250.Again I haven't ever seen any of your publications or any other collectors mention this error and was wondering if this was just an overlooked UER as most are these days.Thank you and I look forward hearing back from you.

Jim Gonzales

(07-04-2013, 07:52 AM)Bluedemon1999 Wrote: Hello, I have a 1989 Griffey Jr. Upper Deck RC rated a 10 by "Rare Grading, Inc."
Any idea what it's worth. Beckett said rated 10 it's worth $1400.00 pristine. This one is rated 10 gem/mint. Thanks!
The accepted grading companies in the hobby, generally speaking, are BGS, PSA and SGC.
(07-06-2013, 07:14 PM)jimmygonzales Wrote: Over the last few years I have purchased your BASEBALL BECKETT MONTHLY to see if there was any reference of this card being an UER or a CORRECTED ERROR.The card I'm referring to is Carlos Beltran card No. 115 and the error that I'm referring to on my card is in the stats and in the year of 07 my card shows his stolen bases as 250.His stats reflect also that his total for his career stolen bases as 250.Again I haven't ever seen any of your publications or any other collectors mention this error and was wondering if this was just an overlooked UER as most are these days.Thank you and I look forward hearing back from you.

Jim Gonzales
If an error was corrected, there would be two listings ... an ERR and a COR card. I believe most UERs are not noted these days.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)