`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

RE: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
(02-21-2012, 10:59 PM)chrisolds Wrote: Start it and see if it gets some responses ... if it looks promising, I will -- after you send me the link.
Here's the link:
http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1488196.html
Four pages of responses so far.
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

hey chris..when is the rookie rolodex coming out??? i buy that issue every year.

How long on average does it usually take to get an answer back on not being able ti find a card in the organize. I wrote the baseball editor three days ago, I believe, about a Robinson Cano card that I am unable to find. Thanks!

Hi Chris,

I noticed 2011 Playoff Contenders pricing was added but the only card I'm interested in is the 2011 Playoff Contenders Winning Combos Autographs #10 Danny Hultzen#{John Hicks/20. In the price block it has the "buy pricing" as if I don't have a suscription (which I do) I'm sure it will just say N/A anyways but is there a specific reason for the "buy pricing"?

I just bought the SN 01 of the 20 off ebay and I'm really hoping for a value on it. Any information would be greatly appreciate. Thanks Chris.

(02-28-2012, 01:15 PM)jprodanovich Wrote: hey chris..when is the rookie rolodex coming out??? i buy that issue every year.
Rolodex issue should arrive late March/early April.
(02-29-2012, 07:12 AM)fulltritty Wrote: How long on average does it usually take to get an answer back on not being able ti find a card in the organize. I wrote the baseball editor three days ago, I believe, about a Robinson Cano card that I am unable to find. Thanks!
An email to Brian Fleischer, bfleischer@beckett.com is what needs to be sent. It's his responsibility if cards need to be added. (I don't have access.)

(03-10-2012, 01:08 AM)Razor3773 Wrote: Hi Chris,

I noticed 2011 Playoff Contenders pricing was added but the only card I'm interested in is the 2011 Playoff Contenders Winning Combos Autographs #10 Danny Hultzen#{John Hicks/20. In the price block it has the "buy pricing" as if I don't have a suscription (which I do) I'm sure it will just say N/A anyways but is there a specific reason for the "buy pricing"?

I just bought the SN 01 of the 20 off ebay and I'm really hoping for a value on it. Any information would be greatly appreciate. Thanks Chris.
Cards under 20 typically are not priced.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

(03-12-2012, 04:35 PM)chrisolds Wrote: Rolodex issue should arrive late March/early April.

An email to Brian Fleischer, bfleischer@beckett.com is what needs to be sent. It's his responsibility if cards need to be added. (I don't have access.)

Cards under 20 typically are not priced.

Thanks Chris. I did e-mail him going on a week and a half ago to two weeks now with no reply.

I know I just sent you an email about this, but I am still a little bit peeved that Topps can do this. Please explain, not just to me, but to all of us readers about this. How can Topps call a "jumbo" sized relic a quad relic if they just put a "cross" thru it to make it appear in quarters and have the appearance of a quad jersey card. At 500 dollars a pack it seems kind of steep to get "4" solid white pieces just to find out that it is one piece.

(09-23-2009, 07:29 PM)chrisolds Wrote: Have a question about something? Post it here and I'll see if I can answer it. Who knows, it could end up in a future issue...
Hello,
I have a Topps 2011 Jackie Robinson card and was wondering if it was the SP and it also is a Diamond Anniversary insert.
Thanks and God Bless,
Fairon Spears
FYIs, though:
I don't handle pricing ... that would be the "ask the senior price guide analyst" sticky thread to perhaps arrive over in the Beckett Baseball Pricing Forum.

I also don't handle tech/site issues or subscriptions. Please use customerservice@beckett.com.

Other than that, I'll see what I can do...

This is one of a few new things we're going to try online in terms of reader interaction projects. We're also soon going to try some multimedia projects as well.

(03-14-2012, 05:57 PM)donbickle707 Wrote: I know I just sent you an email about this, but I am still a little bit peeved that Topps can do this. Please explain, not just to me, but to all of us readers about this. How can Topps call a "jumbo" sized relic a quad relic if they just put a "cross" thru it to make it appear in quarters and have the appearance of a quad jersey card. At 500 dollars a pack it seems kind of steep to get "4" solid white pieces just to find out that it is one piece.
Because its contents are the equivalent of four cards?

Because it cost them four times as much to make as a standard card?

FAIRON: Rather than quoting info, perhaps you should post a scan -- front and back.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

What are the possibilities of having a selling tab added. Its pretty rediculas if you look at the baseball trading board over half the post day in and day out are nothing but individuals posting things for sale. Ive been on this site for over a year now and i know the topic has come up before. The site really need this. I feel this is taking from the individuals that only want to trade.

Thanks Richard
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto