`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
Bumpin up a awesome thread.....

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
I've noticed that many serial numbered sets use different stamping machines for lower numbered cards than for the rest of the print run. This has happened with sets from the 90s to mid 2000s. Of course these are not listed in Beckett, but are definitely variants.

For example, 2004 Contenders Playoff Tickets #/150, the 1st 10 SHOULD BE serial numbered with a holofoil stamp, while the rest (#11-150) are solid gold stamping. I say "should be" because I viewed several online examples that "LOOKED" like gold stamping on a below #10/150 card. That said, I do have 3 players, in hand, that are holofoil stamping, while all the rest are gold stamping.

With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

I'm curious if the buyback from 2015 Topps will be listed in the database. They were mentioned in this Beckett post here - http://www.beckett.com/news/2015/08/2015...lel-twist/

Here's a scan of one I pulled

(01-21-2016, 01:56 AM)jplarson Wrote: I'm curious if the buyback from 2015 Topps will be listed in the database. They were mentioned in this Beckett post here - http://www.beckett.com/news/2015/08/2015...lel-twist/

Here's a scan of one I pulled

I wish they would. I have never seen a checklist, I have over 70 New York Jets Buybacks, I would be curious to know how many different ones there are, 75% of mine are between 1977 & 1982, not many after 1990. And Beckett Marketplace does not list any for sale.

(07-20-2014, 12:51 AM)nittany13 Wrote: 2001 Score Trump card variations

[Image: scan0006_zps1614c9b7.jpg]

This was brought up twice before in recent pages by others but I was skeptical that variations existed for other cards, however after doing a little research I am now convinced that the Trump variation does indeed exist for all of the cards in the base set. I do not know how rare the Trump variation is but it is at least a little rarer than the normal base. There does not appear to be any more variations though since the QBs will always have TT on the back, the RBs will have EE, the WRs will have PP, and the defensive players will have BB.
An update.
Thanks to htoutlaws who found the variation, and nittany13 for the previous posting.

Beckett, please add the TRUMP parallel in the OPG.

To confirm nittany13, I believe that a TRUMP parallel was made for all cards.
2001 Score, the Jets teamset is #142-148. Dedric Ward #145 became a Dolphin and the logo shows him as a Dolphin.
#114 Matthew Hatchette is left in the Vikings teamset group, but has a Jets logo. Total 8 cards.
The 3 Jets rookies with cards, 1st rd WR Santana Moss #296, 2nd rd RB Lamont Jordan #282 and Free Agent RB Reggie White #291.

I have a TRUMP parallel for all 11 cards.

The reverse of the card was to use in Pack Wars, the Rating is
TT Touchdown Tommy (QB's)
EE Endzone Eddie (RB's)
PP Post Pattern Paula (WR's & TE's)
BB Blitzing Barney, (DL, LB & DB's), the Jets have no defensive players in their teamset.

The Jets teamset with Chad Pennington (TT Touchdown Tommy on a reverse)
[Image: Jets%202001%20score%201.jpg]

The reverse of the Jets teamset, all with TRUMP
[Image: Jets%202001%20score%202.jpg]

The three Jets rookies, the top row the base, WR Moss (PP Post Pattern Paula), RB's Jordan and White both EE (Endzone Eddie), the middle row the TRUMP parallel, the bottom row the Scorecard parallel that shows the card front.

The Scorecard parallel was numbered, for the Jets #ed to 321 except Becht who is #ed to 328. The rookies were Moss #ed to 469, Jordan #ed to 247, White #ed to 202. The numbering replaces the Pack War Rating / TRUMP designation.
[Image: Jets%202001%20score%203.jpg]

It took me a little while searching mainly Sportlots, finishing with Beckett to locate the 11 of them.

I posted this in another thread but ginge01 reminded me to post it here, so here it is.

1998 UD Choice Packers team set, numbered GB1-GB12. I suppose Beckett would call it "1998 Packers UD Choice". The cards are identical to the base UD Choice cards except for the numbering. At this point I have no idea whether other teams were produced, although I would have to believe at least some were.

[Image: 700019D3-A9FD-4ABB-A489-057170A982F9_zpsm9tjvnaa.jpg]

[Image: 69AAACDC-8B43-47EB-B200-54B0C96E1ECE_zpstprxxr1y.jpg]

[Image: B7F5D118-E11F-46A9-9F24-02888E320ED6_zpsacw6mv9u.jpg]

[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

I am a San Diego Chargers collector. I own a couple local sets that are not listed. first is 1994 Chargers Police. The set consists of 31 cards. There is no year of production on them, however card #9 David Griggs only played for the team in 1994.

Checklist as follows
1 Junior Seau
2 Stan Humphries
3 Leslie O'neal
4 Natrone Means
5 Ruben Davis
6 Ronnie Harmon
7 Darren Carrington
8 Courtney Hall
9 David Griggs
10 Shawn Jefferson
11 Dennis Gibson
12 Tony Martin
13 Shawn Lee
14 Mark Seay
15 Dwayne Harper
16 Harry Swayne
17 Joe Cocozzo
18 Gale Gilbert
19 Sean Vanhorse
20 John Carney
21 Joe Milinichik
22 Lewis Bush
23 Stan Brock
24 Chris Mims
25 Alfred Pupunu
26 Darrien Gordon
27 Stanley Richard
28 Duane Young
29 Reggie White
30 Steve Hendrickson
31 Eric Bieniemy
Second is 1996 Chargers Police. The set consists of 16 cards. Again there is no year of production on them, however 4 players in the set ended their Chargers careers in 1996. Those players are #3 Darrien Gordon, #4 Courtney Hall, #11 Aaron Hayden, and #14 Andre Coleman.

Checklist as follows:
1 Junior Seau
2 Stan Humphries
3 Darrien Gordon
4 Courtney Hall
5 John Carney
6 Tony Martin
7 Shawn Lee
8 Darren Bennett
9 Joe Cocozzo
10 Dwayne Harper
11 Aaron Hayden
12 Terrell Fletcher
13 Alfred Pupunu
14 Andre Coleman
15 Isaac Davis
16 Cheifs of Staff (Chief Don Watkins and HC Bobby Ross)
I also own a set from the Super Bowl XXIX, that is not listed. The set is 1995 Classic NFL Experience Super Bowl XXIX, and consists of 10 cards. It came with a header card with a checklist on the back and a certificate of authenticity.

Checklist on reverse of header card as follows:
1 Steve Young
2 Ricky Watters
3 Jerry Rice
4 Ken Norton
5 Deion Sanders
6 Stan Humphries
7 Natrone Means
8 Junior Seau
9 Leslie O'Neal
10 Chris Mims

Item# 351652682981 on eBay is not listed on beckett

(10-26-2016, 05:52 PM)gregfantom Wrote: Item# on eBay is not listed on beckett
Seems to be the case.

http://www.beckett.com/search/?term=2003...start=2003

No listing for SI-18.

A new ultra rare find, I found a 2014 Score Blister variant this week on eBay, the first one I have ever seen. What alerted me was the different Michael Vick picture. There are updated pictures of Michael Vick and Chris Johnson inside, they do not look photoshopped so I believe they became available around September 2014.

2014 Score Updated Blister. The new rare Score Blister with the two variants not found in packs, Vick is present as the top card.
[Image: Jets%202014%20Score%20Blister.jpg]

The top 2 cards in the scan below, from the updated blister with the updated photos, so yes, I opened the blister. Michael Vick has #1 stamped on the bottom right corner of the card, he wore #1 for the Jets. Chris Johnson wore #21 for the Titans and the Jets. The bottom 2 cards are the base cards in packs, Vick in an Eagles uniform with #7 stamped on the bottom right corner, Johnson in a Titans uniform.
[Image: Jets%202014%20Score%20Blister1.jpg]

The reverse of the four cards, Vick and Johnson have the same backs for both versions, same card numbers.
[Image: Jets%202014%20Score%20Blister2.jpg]

The original Score Blister with the pack issued cards of Vick and Johnson.
[Image: Jets%202014%20Score%20Teamset.jpg]

Should the Vick and Johnson new variants be listed as 2014 Score Blister, there was no 2014 Score Updated Factory set. I have no idea if other teams had updated blisters released.