`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about sub bumps

I have a card that is .5 away from a 9.5 and i would really like it with a gold label (it is a gold version of a card, so it would look much better). I dont have a scan yet, should arrive tomorrow. The grades are: centering 9.5, Edges 9.5, Corners 8.5, and surface 9.

What are the chances of it getting that .5 on the corners?
Would it be a 9.5 if the surface were a 9.5 and the corners were the same? (thinking the surface may need a cleaning)
How do I label on the submission form that i would like it bumped if possible, but not taken out of the case if it didnt meet the grade?

Keep in mind that if you don't get the bump you don't lose anything but the fees. Meaning they will just return the card with the original grades. Its worth a try if you think the corners or centering is that good.

Good luck.

PASTORWEBB Wrote:I have one in the same vein. I just got my grades back and Got a Gold Label Clayton Kershaw BC X-fractor RC Auto BGS 9.5. Here is the kicker and question. The grades came back as follows:
Centering 9.5
Corners 9.5
Edges 10
Surface 10
Auto 10

That is 0.5 from being a Pristine. Is it worth the risk of trying for a Sub bump? I am leaning toward not doing it, but it is tempting.

RE: Questions about sub bumps
I have a rookie Tom Brady I want to sub bump. Do I send it back in (with or without the case) or what for that?? The subs are 10,10,9.5,9.5. Is there any advice in general as to having the best luck in doing that? Are there any major do's and do not's?

(06-10-2008, 12:33 PM)jpcz Wrote: I have a card that is .5 away from a 9.5 and i would really like it with a gold label (it is a gold version of a card, so it would look much better). I dont have a scan yet, should arrive tomorrow. The grades are: centering 9.5, Edges 9.5, Corners 8.5, and surface 9.

What are the chances of it getting that .5 on the corners?
Would it be a 9.5 if the surface were a 9.5 and the corners were the same? (thinking the surface may need a cleaning)
How do I label on the submission form that i would like it bumped if possible, but not taken out of the case if it didnt meet the grade?
in order for your card to come back a 9.5 your corners would need a .5 bump and your surface would need a .5 bump. a 9.5 almost always requires at least 3 9.5's and no more than one 9 or better. i did see a card get 3 10's and an 8.5 and make 9.5 but it's not the norm.

(11-09-2012, 11:10 AM)lane2800 Wrote: in order for your card to come back a 9.5 your corners would need a .5 bump and your surface would need a .5 bump. a 9.5 almost always requires at least 3 9.5's and no more than one 9 or better. i did see a card get 3 10's and an 8.5 and make 9.5 but it's not the norm.
You mean this:

[Image: 1985Topps-RB_7_BGS95_6582191_2nd95Graded.jpg]
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!