`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!

RE: The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!
Has this thread been moved? Or just no one is actively posting?

I would go with the yes, anything good to add?
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(01-13-2015, 07:00 PM)ragtop12 Wrote: Has this thread been moved? Or just no one is actively posting?

i think it is now located at FCB though it doesnt get TOO MUCH activity there either....
I collect almost anyone else with ties to the state of South Carolina (especially ANY SC Gamec0cks) , + most parallels and rare 90's inserts
check out my site for tons of wantlists : claude's card corner

Oh ok. Nothing new to add really. I have tons of Bonds and Dean Palmer cards so I could potentially confirm any potential variations, thats about it.

DO you knmow the link to the FCB thread?

Actually I might have variation not listed. he 1992 Fleer Citgo set. The names are typically in blue. I have found most players so far with a more purple name. Hard to tell in a scan... but if you hold a bunch up to the light, you can see it for sure. With Bonds, I have 17 of these, 15 blue, and 2 purplish.

(01-14-2015, 06:51 PM)ragtop12 Wrote: DO you knmow the link to the FCB thread?

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/sh...nce-Thread
I collect almost anyone else with ties to the state of South Carolina (especially ANY SC Gamec0cks) , + most parallels and rare 90's inserts
check out my site for tons of wantlists : claude's card corner

I am going to list some other variations I know of on here until I get approved for the FCB site - sorry if some of these have already been noted:

1990-91 ASU College Collection Black Back
1990-91 ASU College Collection Gold Back

1991 Kenner Starting Lineup Cards Blue Back w/ Number Under Kenner on Back (Card Comes w/ Figure)
1991 Kenner Starting Lineup Cards Black Back w/ No Number Under Kenner on Back (Card Part of Sheet)
1992 Kenner Starting Lineup Cards Blue Back w/ Number Under Kenner on Back (Card Comes w/ Figure)
1992 Kenner Starting Lineup Cards Black Back w/ No Number Under Kenner on Back (Card Part of Sheet)

1991 Stadium Club Charter Member 1 Asterick by Copyright on Back
1991 Stadium Club Charter Member 2 Astericks by Copyright on Back

1991 Topps Stand-Ups Green & Red Transparent Plastic Common
1991 Topps Stand-Ups Clear Transparent Plastic Rare

1991 U.S. Playing Cards All-Stars Silver: easy way to tell these are they have less prevelant die cut corners than the other two versions.

1992 Topps Kids 1 Asterick by Copyright on Back
1992 Topps Kids 2 Astericks by Copyright on Back

1993 Topps Black Gold Winner Holographic Foil on Front
1993 Topps Black Gold Winner Non-Holographic (Simple) Foil on Front

I've seen the 1982 Topps Baseball Cards with Black Lines or Blue Lines etc. What I've always noticed and set aside are the Color Variations. I call these sets the 1982 Topps Baseball Light and Dark Sets. No matter what card you have pull the doubles etc and set them side by side. If there is Green there will be a Light Green, Red/Light Red

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread!
(08-16-2008, 01:41 PM)jacksoncoupage Wrote: I can confirm seeing a couple of the 1991 Leaf Gold Rookies with regular numbering listed for auction over the last 5 years. Rico Brogna, Mo Vaughn and Pat Kelly come to mind. They absolutely do exist.

On a related note, I once found a 500ct box of 1991 Leaf Gold Rookies at a Goodwill and there was not a single copy that had the regular numbering in the box. They are truly scarce items.
Digging up a long ago post... there's a guy that posted a few of the 1991 Gold Leaf Rookies "Numbered" versions on eBay yesterday or today. I asked him specifically about the Van Poppel and he said he had one but he was waiting to see how the other cards he listed did.
He won't take anything less than $100 a card and will end his auctions early if they aren't close to that. He swears he has the only ones of these in existence.
I find it hard to believe that only 1 of each was made and distributed.

RE: The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread!
(03-10-2016, 03:03 PM)rottenarsenal Wrote: Digging up a long ago post... there's a guy that posted a few of the 1991 Gold Leaf Rookies "Numbered" versions on eBay yesterday or today. I asked him specifically about the Van Poppel and he said he had one but he was waiting to see how the other cards he listed did.
He won't take anything less than $100 a card and will end his auctions early if they aren't close to that. He swears he has the only ones of these in existence.
I find it hard to believe that only 1 of each was made and distributed.
Wow, I had never heard of these cards before. If he's expecting $100 a card he shouldn't have started them at 99 cents. It would take a lot of interest to get them up that high, especially since the auctions don't have the word "numbered" in the title Wink It took me a while to find them (hint, search for misnumbered).

Are you a Van Poppel collector? I would be frustrated if someone had a card for my player collection (Kelly Gruber) and was holding back from listing it. Who knows, maybe he'll list it for 99 cents and you'll get a good deal Smile