`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Made a Display Case

I Made a Display Case
I've almost run out of room in my cardboard box to store my cards. Before I bought more I started thinking about displaying my cards.

I came up with the idea to use an old wooden box/case that previously was used for a case of wine.

[Image: 20160128_194521_zpslfujrta4.jpg]

I took the top (with the Chappelle marking on it) and sliced a long sliver off so the shelves would fit in the box. Then I cut two shelves. Drilled some holes in the side, used some shelf pins I had lying around and

Voila!

[Image: 20160128_204700_zpssxba1uxn.jpg]

Thanks for looking!
Seeking Capitals and Redskins AU and GU.

RE: I Made a Display Case
Excellent recycling project! Any plans to paint or stain it?

I like it! Creative!
[Image: image.jpg]

(01-28-2016, 09:31 PM)jplarson Wrote: Excellent recycling project! Any plans to paint or stain it?
Not yet; going to hang it first and see how it looks in the basement

that's sweet, would be cool if you could put grooves in the shelves too so that the cards will fit snug...
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

(01-29-2016, 12:37 AM)soccerscrub Wrote: that's sweet, would be cool if you could put grooves in the shelves too so that the cards will fit snug...
I'm not that handy, though I thought about it. I'm considering taking the clear plastic sticky bumpers (that one puts on a sheet of glass that rests on a table) on the shelves so the cards don't slide.

(01-29-2016, 12:37 AM)soccerscrub Wrote: that's sweet, would be cool if you could put grooves in the shelves too so that the cards will fit snug...
or just tack a small strip of wood ... kinda like you see in hutches to stop dishes from sliding down

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(01-29-2016, 11:46 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: or just tack a small strip of wood ... kinda like you see in hutches to stop dishes from sliding down
Yea; my wife suggested the same and I plan to do this...