`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Can't Contain My Excitement! Success and Suspense!

Can't Contain My Excitement! Success and Suspense!
By now, you are all more than aware that I am in the process of trying to get a piece of game-worn memorabilia of every goalie to ever play in the NHL and even the WHA. Tough work, but with only about 700 goalies to debut since the beginning of the league, it is not an impossible goal to reach.

As you all will also be aware of now, I am also going to be setting up at the Summit V Show in Edmonton on April 19-20. Half of the setup is for selling cards and making back my booth money, whereas the other half will be for the official public display of my museum. The Summit is western Canada's way of making up for a lack of a Toronto Expo so traffic is huge.

In preparation for this event, I have been trying to track down a huge piece of game-worn history for the showcase. I've come across a few things here and there, but nothing life-changing, that is, until yesterday when I was doing my weekly rounds on the various game-worn sites out there. I couldn't pull the trigger fast enough on this huge item.

Success is, I bought it. Suspense is, you won't know who it's of until I receive it. Needless to say, the older collectors and true hockey fans will appreciate it.

I won't be entirely sadistic and leave you with all of that suspense. I'll give some hints. IF YOU KNOW THE ANSWER, DON'T SHARE IT, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF FOR NOW.

This piece from the 1978-79 season, from the defunct WHA, and belongs to one of the legends of hockey goaltending. This goalie has his name etched on the Stanley Cup in 1965 and 1968 despite not playing a single game in those years, he helped lead the Blues to the Cup Final in 1970, and has the proud distinction of being the WHA's all-time leader in games played, ties, and shutouts and he was also second in WHA history in goals against and goals against average.

A true legend of the game. Stay tuned to find out which piece this is!

RE: Can't Contain My Excitement! Success and Suspense!
drooling can't wait to see it!!!

as i know who it is
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

RE: Can't Contain My Excitement! Success and Suspense!
Very excited!
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr