Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Individual, as a lot or find a buyer?
Question 
Individual, as a lot or find a buyer?
I recently came into possession of a large number of Pittsburgh Penguins cards. It just so happens that my two favorite teams are the Rangers and anyone playing Pens, NJD, NYI so needless to say, I'm having trouble getting motivated to unload these anywhere except into a dumpster Smile

Lemiux - 52
Jagr - 15
Ron Francis - 11
Kevin Stevens - 14
Barasso - 11
Joe Mullen - 14
Rob Brown - 4
Wreggett - 2
Wendall Young - 4
Phil Bourque - 6
Kjell Samuelsson - 2
Ulf Samuelsson - 8
Jamie Leach - 4
Paul Coffey - 12 including a Topps Rookie (see note)
Gord Dineen - 2
John Cullen - 4
Ken Priestlay - 2
Jim Paek - 3
Robitaille - 2
Paul Stanton - 5
Trottier - 5
Mark Recchi - 7
Zarley Zalapski - 3
Bob Errey - 4
Larry Murphy - 3

That's a total of at least 170 cards. My question is, do I take a year or more to sell them individually or unload them as a group for a good price that still lets me make a profit?

I just came across one more, a 3x5 Mario Lemieux card by Power Play so I guess it's now 171.

Note on the Coffey card: It's an OPC English and French print from 1981. There is a small nick on the left edge near the bottom that's only visible from the back. Also, OPC could have done a better job centering the print on the card. It's off by a few percent on both the back and front. Other than that, it's great. No stains, no yellowing, no dinged corners, no signs of being bent in half and stuck in some kids back pocket for two weeks. Nothing. (Images attached)

So, as I asked earlier, what would you do? I'm quickly losing my patience posting auctions on ebay only to see someone come in and lowball me and I'll never take the time to sell these cards correctly. My preference is to find someone who appreciates them for what they are (or is better equipped to post mass auctions.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Individual, as a lot or find a buyer?
First of all, you will have to have all of the cards in your Organize in order to sell them. You will also need to have them marked For Sale with a price.

Secondly, descriptions of the exact cards that you have would be beneficial, as there is no way to know what you are offering right now. The Coffey looks decent, and I am guessing that they are all pre-1990?

Third, you should upload the pictures you have to Photobucket, or some other photo sharing site, so that you can link the IMG photo link directly to the boards. The Attach option does not work all that well on the boards, but the IMG code works every time! I might be interested in making a deal, but I would like to see all of the cards, and know what I am looking at. Thanks and best wishes!

Randi

(09-01-2013, 08:34 AM)rayeates Wrote: First of all, you will have to have all of the cards in your Organize in order to sell them. You will also need to have them marked For Sale with a price.

Secondly, descriptions of the exact cards that you have would be beneficial, as there is no way to know what you are offering right now. The Coffey looks decent, and I am guessing that they are all pre-1990?

Third, you should upload the pictures you have to Photobucket, or some other photo sharing site, so that you can link the IMG photo link directly to the boards. The Attach option does not work all that well on the boards, but the IMG code works every time! I might be interested in making a deal, but I would like to see all of the cards, and know what I am looking at. Thanks and best wishes!

Randi
Definitely. This was more of a which way do I go sort of question. I haven't gone through them all but I saw Topps, OPC, Bowman, Fleer, Stadium Club, Pro Set, Parkhurst, Donruss, etc. They look to be mostly late 80's with some early 90's.

I'll get them in Organize and on Photobucket. Fortunately they're in good condition. The guy who owned them cared enough to put many of them in two piece snap together cases.

Thanks for the feedback!

I also might be interested in a deal for them, can never hurt to have Pens traders!
[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI