`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jeter or henderson??

jeter or henderson??
Hey everyone..im looking at adding either a 93 SP Jeter BGS 8.5 or 80 Topps Rickey Henderson psa 8 to my collection. Just wanted to get peoples opinions on which to get

RE: jeter or henderson??
I vote for Both.........
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(07-18-2013, 03:55 PM)elberson Wrote: I vote for Both.........
Agreed
[Image: mantle_banner_softglow_zps37b4eec9.gif]

Jeter all day anyday. You can buy raw Henderson for around 20ish and send them in

Henderson, all day long

though both, is you can pull it off

It would come down to price for me. They are both great cards, but if the prices are similar I would definitely go with Jeter. The PSA8 Henderson won't change much in value anytime soon, but as Jeter gets closer to retirement (and his stats build up further) his cards could get a surge in price. By the time he retires he will be in the top 10 in terms of hits (and has a shot at getting in the top 5). That SP Jeter is also condition sensitive from a more modern set, so a lot of the nicer looking ones have already been sent in for grading. The Henderson was from a base Topps set and while it was just before over-production really kicked in, but I am sure there are more of the Henderson rookies than SP rookies of Jeter.
You really can't go wrong with either one, but if I had to make the choice I would go with the Jeter SP.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Thanks for the input fellas..ended up going with the SP Jeter BGS 8.5. Subgrades 9.5,9,8,9. Cant wait to add it to my collection

congrats! i'm sure you would have been happy with either one.

(07-18-2013, 07:08 PM)kstjst Wrote: congrats! i'm sure you would have been happy with either one.
Ya youre right. Both are great cards. Im sure ill end up adding the henderson to my collection eventually.