`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOF Sets

HOF Sets
Just throwing this out there. I don't think I'm alone here, but I know some folks like to collect only the hall of fame players of a vintage set rather than complete the entire set. For instance, 1956 Topps has white back and gray back variations of the same player, thus, to complete the set, you would need every variation totaling over 500 cards.

Would anyone like to see a HOF registry for the same set, where all you had to do to complete the set was get the HOFs like Aaron, Mantle, Mays, Berra, etc.?? Example: (1956 Topps Basic 1-340, 1956 Topps Master (all white backs and grey backs), 1956 Topps Hall of Fame players only
[Image: MickSig.jpg]

RE: HOF Sets
(03-23-2013, 11:16 AM)kf4hee Wrote: Just throwing this out there. I don't think I'm alone here, but I know some folks like to collect only the hall of fame players of a vintage set rather than complete the entire set. For instance, 1956 Topps has white back and gray back variations of the same player, thus, to complete the set, you would need every variation totaling over 500 cards.

Would anyone like to see a HOF registry for the same set, where all you had to do to complete the set was get the HOFs like Aaron, Mantle, Mays, Berra, etc.?? Example: (1956 Topps Basic 1-340, 1956 Topps Master (all white backs and grey backs), 1956 Topps Hall of Fame players only
I think that you can do that by using the Custom Registry.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I see your point but have to agree with Nolan5000 and go with the Custom Registry for that. You can also set a competition to go along with it.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

Yep, just figured that out. Cool, works for me. But, as has been stated in another thread, I don't like that I can't delete or add cards to the custom registry once the compete feature has been set. That's a killjoy.
[Image: MickSig.jpg]

(03-31-2013, 10:57 AM)kf4hee Wrote: Yep, just figured that out. Cool, works for me. But, as has been stated in another thread, I don't like that I can't delete or add cards to the custom registry once the compete feature has been set. That's a killjoy.
I belive you can add and delete to a custom registry as long as you don't set it up as being able to compete.
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

(04-30-2013, 06:39 AM)dmasci Wrote: I believe you can add and delete to a custom registry as long as you don't set it up as being able to compete.
That's exactly what he said in his post.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!