`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PC Dilemma

PC Dilemma
So I basically have 2 PC's that I actually am willing to spend money on but I don't spend a lot. Right now I'm stuck with a choice to make. I don't know how people with more then 2 PC's decide on what to buy.

I have my single player Glenn Robinson PC and I have my HOF PC. Right now there are 2 very rare Glenn Robinson cards on ebay of which I've I had never seen before but I also have the choice to buy a Tim Duncan auto and while he's not HOF he definitely will be and he doesn't sign very often so his autos are pretty rare. When all said and done they will probably be about the same price.

How does everyone else make the decision on what to buy and if anyone has any feedback on what I should buy please let me know?

I know I'm probably going to hear "Well really only you can decide how you want to spend your money" So skip all that and help. LOL
[Image: Clintsbanner_zpsfba4b9ea.jpg]/IMG]

RE: PC Dilemma
I would buy the duncan auto. Nothing against GR, but down the road if you ever decide to sell your collection you will have many more people interested in a Duncan auto vs. a couple rare GR cards.

I collect cards to keep, but I always ask myself if I will be able to get my money back or at least come pretty close and how long will it take me to do it. You could sit on those GR cards for years before you found someone to give you what you might be willing to pay for them now. But you will never run out of buyers for the duncan auto.

Thats my 2 cents worth.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

I would go for the 2 Robinson cards since you've never seen them before. Tim Duncan will be a hall of famer...bit you will be able to grab an auto of him some other time.

(03-05-2013, 01:52 PM)grimp50 Wrote: I would go for the 2 Robinson cards since you've never seen them before. Tim Duncan will be a hall of famer...bit you will be able to grab an auto of him some other time.
+1. When I see a rare card AND have the flexible cash to pick it up I jump on it. If you're looking for a Duncan auto and don't have to have that specific auto you will be able to grab more in the future.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

Is it an option to get both Glenn cards and get the Duncan auto? Personally I would try to get them all and just cut back the next month or week or however you budget your cards. I paid two bigger purchases this month and now plan to not buy anything (unless I sell stuff) until next month. And next month I plan to only buy a smaller card (try to get 1 nicer PC card per month, since I collect MJ that is a bit spendy). Just my thoughts.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

That is a tough situation. I have many different collections and just this week I had to let a Kyrie Auto go (for now) because a rare Olowokandi piece popped up for well over book value. But for me, I have an order of importance when it comes to my collections. Olowokandi and the Preferred Red autos before everything else. I agree with what Grimp said, you will have other options on the Duncan auto (Unless you are getting it for an unbelievably good price), I would go with the Robinsons, you never know when you may see those again.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

(03-05-2013, 01:52 PM)grimp50 Wrote: I would go for the 2 Robinson cards since you've never seen them before. Tim Duncan will be a hall of famer...bit you will be able to grab an auto of him some other time.
+2, i assume you have been collecting g. robinson for a while. if you havent seen the 2 rare cards before, get them. you will always be able to find duncan autos.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

which Duncan auto? I'm not a fan of the co-signers or sketchy scoreboard.
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg

No it's the 2000-01 Topps Stars on card auto. I appreciate everyones input. I'll let you know what I decide.
[Image: Clintsbanner_zpsfba4b9ea.jpg]/IMG]

Glenn Robinson? Eh, go with Duncan.