`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1959 Gibson Rookie Topps #514

1959 Gibson Rookie Topps #514
This 1959 Gobson rookie #514 has a vertical stripe down the left side of the card from the factory when it was originally printed. Other than the line and the OC cut, it appears Pristine. How will those 2 items impact the grade?
[Image: IMG_5635_zpsb49f773f.jpg]
[Image: IMG_5640_zps7860f8c4.jpg]

RE: 1959 Gibson Rookie Topps #514
I have no idea how this card would grade due to the imperfections you mentioned, but I would guess that the centering would have a big impact on the final grade. I just wanted to say NICE card, I have been trying to find one of these in decent condition for my PC. If you ever decide to move it please check and see if I have anything that would interest you. Again nice card and thanks for sharing.

RE: 1959 Gibson Rookie Topps #514
Thanks dkotart. I am fortunate to have two of these. My other one is in equal condition, but with no marks and is 55/45. I have about 80-90 cards from the 59 set that I believe would grade as a 8.0 or higher. I've collected for 40 years and still have not sent a single card for grading, but I'm actually considering it.

Here's my favorite card from the set... I didn't notice the card had a piece of paper/fiber stuck to the top of it when I took the picture so it looks like there is a small mark on the top of the card, but it is as smooth as the rest of the sides.
[Image: IMG_5637_zps55bca0c6.jpg]
[Image: IMG_5642_zps80b08cdd.jpg]