`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
GAI Authentication Question

GAI Authentication Question
I am not very familiar with GAI and their authentication, so maybe someone on here can help. I read that GAI used to be a very reputable company some years back, but went out of business in 2009 and even saw some articles of people warning buyers of GAI's authentication reputation. So my question is this: Would the attached link be an example of a reputable GAI authentication (their old stuff), or a suspicious one.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/1991-ud-bret...789192.htm
[Image: Gotham-Locker_zps20ef97e4.jpg]
Always looking for Jake Locker and Marshawn Lynch cards.

RE: GAI Authentication Question
Only thing Ive heard over and over is its hit or miss. Some are legit and some are possibly faked.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I agree with brane! I have seen them authenticate some Brees stuff that I would not go anywhere near!
If possible I would stay away
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

What do you guys think of JSA authentication?

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(02-05-2013, 07:25 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: What do you guys think of JSA authentication?
Honestly have never bought anything JSA authenticated.
I stick with PSA/DNA
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

Same, never bought JSA - Have heard a horror story that a few things got by that were faked but really that could happen to any outside authentication company. I would be more inclined to buy PSA/DNA but that is personal preference based on the amount of trust they have hobby wide. The only authentication I would trust without a doubt would be bought on NFL.com lol If it looks legit and was in a price I was happy with I would buy from anyone who is "reputable" based soley on the fact I think its fake but it looks good and if it turns out real then I did good, if not I didnt waste too much.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I've only delt with JSA once... they authenticated this one for me.

[Image: IMG.jpg][Image: IMG_0001.jpg]

I had asked for both signatures to be authenticated but they only sent BGS the one for the Ward. They sent me a statement saying that the artist's auto was real also.

When I had purchased this card ( it was raw then, not graded) I thought it was the artist proof version, did not know that they were hand numbered on the back. A Topps rep told me at the National that some of the cards were given to the artist and he must have signed them and a few got out on the secondary market.
Looking for Hines Ward rookies (that I do not have), low numbered parallels and autos. Also, Bowman Chrome Baseball autos.
I normally send trades on Tuesday's and/or Friday's due to work.

http://s244.photobucket.com/user/nynkefan7/library/?sort=6&page=1

If I were in the market for a Favre autograph I'd buy one with his authentication sticker on it. That's just my personal preference.

i can tell you SGC is a very reputable co, thats who grades most of the pre war and turn of the century cards. Most people who collect that hi-dollar vintage stuff will not buy anything else, my brother is one of those
[Image: MinuteMaid3-1.jpg]

Thanks for the insight everyone.
[Image: Gotham-Locker_zps20ef97e4.jpg]
Always looking for Jake Locker and Marshawn Lynch cards.