`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Any Good Pulls from 2013 Topps Series I?

RE: Any Good Pulls from 2013 Topps Series I?
Busted open 2 jumbos ... here's what I got

photo 873979ffb07282ec2ffa087f7968c3f3_zps3f843383.jpg

Happy with the Kemp coin!!!
But a little disappointed over all ...
There weren't really any other good pulls, no "out of bounds" SP's ... and No Yankee pulls at all. Sad
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I know this is off topic but is there a wrapper redemption?

(01-30-2013, 05:32 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: My 2 best pulls were a David Ortiz JSY as well as a Votto patch card out of my 1 box.

I did open 4 more hangers today and got a "The Greats" inserts Red Framed version of Mariano Rivera. It's serially #d 42/50. That was pretty cool. That's the lowest base Topps #d insert I've seen in years.

[Image: RedMariano_zps12ba52be.jpg]
oh man this is an ebay 1/1 since 42 is his number but yes i am interested in this
(01-31-2013, 06:07 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Yeah, our blaster boxes may have been switched at birth Smile
There might be something to that distribution conspiracy theory that someone here mentioned Smile
My pulls were very Ranger-heavy ... And ironically, the only decent Yankee hit was the A-rod SP "out of bounds" card.
I also got 2 camo cards this time .... Here they are

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I opened a total of 8 blasters and 8 hangers with no autos, or GU relics. Except for the patch cards and silk cards that came with the blasters, I'd have been better off buying 2 jumbo hobby boxes.
pretty sure topps stated that no autos or relics would be put into blasters or retail thats why they have the patch and rookie patch plus the greats insert to replace the others plus the sp's
(02-01-2013, 04:22 PM)Neifert Wrote: I know this is off topic but is there a wrapper redemption?
yes 50 packs of retail or hobby or 10 packs of jumbo for silver slate 5 card pack
(02-01-2013, 03:55 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Busted open 2 jumbos ... here's what I got

photo 873979ffb07282ec2ffa087f7968c3f3_zps3f843383.jpg

Happy with the Kemp coin!!!
But a little disappointed over all ...
There weren't really any other good pulls, no "out of bounds" SP's ... and No Yankee pulls at all. Sad

seemed like you did better with the blasters

I think I had my best pull out of a pack ever (after my second best pull earlier in the week). I got a redemption for a Sandy Koufax autograph out of a jumbo box.

Out of the four hobby boxes I opened these are the bigger hits I got.

I pulled a chris sale Auto, a will middlebrooks game used, a Nolan Ryan 15/25 the greats game used, and a miguel cabrera Triple crown relic redemption.

(02-01-2013, 04:28 PM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: seemed like you did better with the blasters
Don't get me wrong, I got a TON of inserts/die cuts/mini72's.
The 6 special cards from the 2 boxes .... A Dee Gordon and Jonny Podres auto?!?! Nothing to write home about. The Kemp coin is cool, though. But I got 3 Dodgers cards ... how'd THAT happen? Now, if one of the Dodgers autos was a Koufax, I'd be pretty happy Smile
Heyward and Ackley GU card, ok ... not bad as far as GU's go. But, a Dustin Pedroia Medallion card? I'll trade that to any Red Sox fan for any similar Yankee card!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(01-30-2013, 08:47 PM)jdberia Wrote: From what I have seen, it is one or the other.
I'm not positive, but I think the "rookie reprint" patches are harder to pull ... I busted nine blasters and got the regular comm. patches in eight of them. The only rookie patch I pulled was Ryne Sandberg.