`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Youth card show ideas

Youth card show ideas
Hello everyone, I'm looking for some ideas and hoping you can help me out!

I run a charity foundation to help raise awareness of spina bifida, and to raise money to help a local family with their son's medical bills as a result of the disorder. In the past I have also run a small get together to help the local Cub Scouts earn badges by learning about collecting cards, displaying various collections, etc. This year I am trying to combine the two so I can still help the scouts, possibly raise a little money and awareness to the charity, and also to try to keep our hobby alive by introducing youth to the hobby.

In the past, I have given each child a small portfolio that holds about 24 cards in pages, a pack or two of some current cards, and a collecting patch (for the Scouts). I do a short presentation with a brief history of collecting, show pics of some of the hobby landmarks (Honus Wagner, Mantle RC, Upper Deck Griffey, etc), and give the kids ideas of things to focus their collection on (fav player, team, complete sets).

Some ideas I have for this year include personalized baseball cards for the kids (I have done many for my son as you can see in my banner), door prizes, possibly friends displaying their collections. I really want it to be informative, but most of all fun for the kids. I really want something that will draw kids to attend the event, and things that parents and their kids will both want to come and see.

I'm open to any and all ideas, and I truly appreciate everyone's help. If anyone would like to follow the progress of this adventure, please feel free at www.joeyfoundation.com

Thanks everyone for your help!!!

RE: Youth card show ideas
That's really great!
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Showcase jersey cards, autos, chrome refractors or combinations of these. Base cards to the youth are boring. In my pre k treasure box if they are looking for cards first ones are the bright color popping stuff. If I put in a trout base and a common bowman chrome refractor the bowman would go and trout would get skipped.

True, hadn't really thought of that. My son is the same, loves the refractors, clear cuts, etc over the 1/1 and high dollar base. I gave him some packs of 87 Donruss and 90 Topps and he loved the colors. Thanks!