`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Need some advice

Need some advice
Did a trade with a member here who insisted that I send my cards first. I had no problem doing so because it was a fairly low value trade.

I sent all of my cards out on the 8th with tracking and noticed that on the 11th that the package was showing a status of "Undeliverable as Addressed". I wrote the member but did not get a response until the 14th. He tells me that he "forgot to update his address" and that he would send my card out.

Since then i wrote more then once asking if his mail was forwarded to his new address which is what usps suggested to me. He did not respond until i posted about it in one of his threads and then said that it is not forwarded.

Long story short it is now the 21st and i have no tracking from the member, no updates from usps, and im out a few cards. I tend to be very patient with trades but im starting to get irritated.

I understand things come up but if you are going to insist that a member sends first then maybe make sure your information is correct. Also if you tell people you will send stuff out multiple times maybe you should send stuff out. If you need a little extra time thats fine, just dont tell me that its going out.

What do you guys think is the best way to go about handling this?
[Image: simmons_iliustration_g_mp_640.jpg&w=640&h=360]

RE: Need some advice
(01-21-2013, 08:36 PM)a2coupe2a Wrote: Did a trade with a member here who insisted that I send my cards first. I had no problem doing so because it was a fairly low value trade.

I sent all of my cards out on the 8th with tracking and notice on the 11th that the package is showing to be "Undeliverable as Addressed". I write the member i did the trade with on the 14th and he tells me that he "forgot to update his address" and that he would send my card out.

Since then i wrote more then once asking if his mail was forwarded to his new address which is what usps suggested to me. He did not respond until i posted about it in one of his threads and then said that it is not forwarded.

Long story short it is now the 21st and i have no tracking from the member, no updates from usps, and im out a few cards. I tend to be very patient with trades but im starting to get irritated.

I understand things come up but if you are going to insist that a member sends first then maybe make sure your information is correct. Also if you tell people you will send stuff out multiple times maybe you should... send stuff out.

What do you guys think is the best way to go about handling this?

The key phrase is that you agreed to send first........which you did.

It was not your fault that their address was not updated. I would call that irresponsible.

I would give them until the first of the month to make it right and if they do not, I would leave them a negative feedback.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

Wow your at 2 issues with 15 trades lol If your cards are undeliverable you will get your end back. They will return to sender eventually so you just have to be patient. He said the 14th he would send out, which means in the mail next day (15th) - 4 days of mail delivery and you're stressing?
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I dont think you understand. He hasnt shipped them out.. he has told me 3 different times on 3 different days he would and has yet to do so. I have been incredibly patient through this whole process. Im not tossing the guy under the bus im just trying to figure out the best way to deal with this.

But i like how you try to spin it in a way that makes me look like the impatient one. Do me a favor and dont trade with me in the future. Its idiots like you that give this place a bad name.

(01-21-2013, 09:32 PM)a2coupe2a Wrote: I dont think you understand. He hasnt shipped them out.. he has told me 3 different times on 3 different days he would and has yet to do so. I have been incredibly patient through this whole process. Im not tossing the guy under the bus im just trying to figure out the best way to deal with this.

But i like how you try to spin it in a way that makes me look like the impatient one. Do me a favor and dont trade with me in the future. Its idiots like you that give this place a bad name.
Idiots like me?? Who have over 350 trades?? Yup I'm the idiot lol You are IMPATIENT! If you asked me 3 times in a 4 day span I would NEVER ship your items. People get busy, things come up and this is TWICE you've freaked out after 4 or 5 days. Give it time man you and your trade are not the only thing going on in the world. I've got 3 trades sitting here getting ready to go out that I told people they would go out friday - well guess what something happened and I didnt get back home until 3am this morning. Do you think Ive heard from them 3 times? NO! Hell I havent even heard from them once! Grow up and when someone tells you they'll ship a certain day - THEN ALLOW ENOUGH TIME FOR THE POST OFFICE TO ACTUALLY DELIVER IT AND DONT COUNT WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS!!
Manning PC

Yes people like you.

Am i tossing his name out? No...
Is this a normal circumstance? No...
Have i sent him a single rude pm? No..
Did i simply make a post asking for suggestions to help resolve the situation? Yes..

I only asked if he shipped them out once and that was today, well over a week past the initial time he told me they would be shipped out.

The other times he told me he would have them out the next day were in response to other pms. One was when i wrote him trying to figure out if his mail was forwarded from his previous address. The problem is that he told me multiple times he would have it out the next day but didnt.

But way to respond like an *****.

(01-21-2013, 08:36 PM)a2coupe2a Wrote: What do you guys think is the best way to go about handling this?
Here is a more polite response.

Wait a few more days then contact a mod.

My apologies for being a *****. I reread your initial post and realized I may have been a little harsh. Sorry just dont like when people start freaking out after a few days. Being a person who gets delayed shipping constantly it tends to get on my nerves.
Manning PC

Gonna take the side of Brane on this one. a2coupe2a you and I have met in person so please take this with a grain of salt. You did not add in the begining you had contacted him and 3 different times he said he would ship so that leads us to the " only 4 days" idea. Not cool calling brane an idiot when he did not know that.
[Image: Mic_SPA_Banner1.jpg]

I contacted him 3 times trying to figure out if his mail was forwarded, not asking for tracking.

I only was asking that because the postal service suggested that his mail would most likely be forwarded to him.