Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumb question

Dumb question
What is an "Ebay 1/1"?

Also to all the player collectors on here, do you guys consider 1/1 do be a part of a players lot. I guess to you go after them, or do you just try when they come up but dont actively pursue them.

Thanks ahead
[Image: LxqYj.png]

I collect in order 1. Dick Allen everything 2. Brian Omogrosso 1/1 3. Past Present and Future Penguins RC 4. Western PA MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL RC's 5. Pitt players in the NBA RC's

RE: Dumb question
there are no dumb questions, only dumb arse answers lol. Ebay 1/1s are a pain in the butt, guys looks for anything that makes their card unique (players jersey #, special swatch, anything!) and use that to makr the card as a 1/1 on ebay trying to get more hits
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

When you see "EBAY 1/1!!!!!OMGLOLZERS!!!111" chances are the card is serial numbered out of more than /1 and is one of 3 print runs:
1/XXX (First run)
XXX/XXX (Last run, 99/99, 249/249, etc)
[FEATURED PLAYER'S JERSEY NUMBER]/XXX (Eg: Brett Hull 16/XXX, Wayne Gretzky 99/XXX, Lemieux 66/XXX)

Are these 1/1s? Not at all, but they do carry a slight premium, simply because enough people want the first, last, or "player number" print run to bring prices up slightly. It seems to me that that particular premium has gone down recently, along with 2 colour jersey cards, but that won't stop anyone, and it is sill there. I just don't know if it's worthwhile to bother.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

Well the eBay 1/1 question is answered so I'll take the other one.

For my PC's I don't scour the forums and eBay looking for 1/1's, but if I see them pop up and they are for a reasonable price I'll grab them. I'm talking about mostly printing plates when I say that. I have 8-10 total, but I don't have any 1/1's of normal cards. The only one I have seen available was a Nick Palmieri Black Diamond (I think) and it was listed for $149.99, way more than I want to pay.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

For my PC, I'd be more than happy to have one, but if a player PC is done full 1/1s I consider it finished. 1/1s are like bonus marks.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

Thanks guys I fell like any question I ask you guys can give me an answer.
[Image: LxqYj.png]

I collect in order 1. Dick Allen everything 2. Brian Omogrosso 1/1 3. Past Present and Future Penguins RC 4. Western PA MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL RC's 5. Pitt players in the NBA RC's

also sometimes the first printing of a card too... like a 1/XX too

so many diferent ebay 1/1 but for me it is jersey numbers which is a prem depending on who it is for me
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)