`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
NBA 50 Greatest PC 48/50

RE: NBA 50 Greatest PC
I don't know why...maybe it's because I'm a glutton for punishment and sets I can't afford to complete, but this seems like an epic project! I WANT TO DO IT!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(01-18-2013, 02:35 PM)will23c1982 Wrote: It can be done fairly quickly but I recommend taking your time and try to enjoy searching out specific cards that you want of each player (rather than settling for low-end cards). After all, once you've completed the Top 50, you'll probably start to upgrade your collection, e.g. seeking out the nicest card possible for each player. At least, that's what I and a number of other collectors did.

The Wilt and Maravich are certainly costly, but they'll be two of the centre-pieces of your collection.

Best of luck with your project. It'll be a lot of fun!
Thanks!
That’s great advice. I know once I complete this PC I will want to upgrade a few of them. I wanted to get all on card autos but for now I’ll take a few stickers. As long as the auto is clean and full.

(01-18-2013, 02:53 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: Beautiful pieces man! Is it your intention to have each one graded and is a 10 grade on the auto going to be a requirement?
Thanks! It's not going to be a requirment right now. I just don't want to spend all that money on grading. The autos do have to be full and clean.
(01-18-2013, 03:08 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Nice stuff man! I attempted this at one point and got 38/50. I decided to not complete this set as I had no connection to most of the players. Something I would like to try again though as it would be nice to have an auto of Larry Bird, Magic, Shaq, etc. Nice stuff!
Thanks! 38/50 that's a hell of a job. Isn't it cool to know that you have 38 autos of the 50 best players ever!
(01-18-2013, 03:09 PM)bballfrk44 Wrote: my dad started this around 2001-2002. it took him 2 years to complete and the hardest ones for him were Maravich, Parish, Pippen, Barkley and Hakeem. Obviously it was a little harder 10 years ago but it's a fun project to do. Good luck with your search. Are you going to put it in one large frame or display case?
For sure. I bet 10 years ago it would be almost impossible! The good thing about doing this now is all the new product that have these autos. I have a display case that holds 36 so I'll work on filling that then...Not sure
(01-18-2013, 03:26 PM)user_3n5kp Wrote: Great task and great cards.Good luck on the search and can't wait to see the rest.

I was thinking of going after the 50 greatest RC collection but we'll see...eventually...
Thanks. That's a great task as well. I would love to have some of the old guys RC. Good luck on that project.
(01-18-2013, 04:50 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: Wish i could contribute, but currently looking att bengu's BGS 9 MJ rookie..

Great looking auto'$
Thanks. Good luck on the MJ RC BGS9.
(01-18-2013, 07:02 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: I think that they did the top 50 at the fifty year anniversary of the nba. Given that it will either be a revolving top 50 or they will make the top 50 the top 75 or 100 and so on.
+1

In 2021 is when all the other great will be a part of the 75th all NBA team.

Kobe, Lebron, and so on.

(01-18-2013, 07:12 PM)briankort Wrote: I have mentioned this several times in other posts about how card companies screw up cards. Take for instance this shaq card. It is supposed to be a Remembering Rookies card and they have him in a Lakers Uniform. Still a nice card, but use your head Bowman.
Yeah I found this kind of odd as well...Wish they would of used a photo of him on the Magic.
(01-18-2013, 05:29 PM)briankort Wrote: I have these you could add to your PC
I'll pass for now...I'm waiting on some of my items to sell to get some backroll on my paypall agian. Picked up 4 more autos on ebay and ran out of funds. haha
(01-18-2013, 07:32 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: I don't know why...maybe it's because I'm a glutton for punishment and sets I can't afford to complete, but this seems like an epic project! I WANT TO DO IT!
Thanks. Go for it! 'glutton for punishment' is about right.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/83347...s-75-b-day
NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

That Kareem is sic

Mial day! just got these two in...Waiting on a few more to come.

Does anyone know why Hal Greer signs his name "Hal Greer"??

[Image: DSC_0038-1.jpg]

RE: NBA 50 Greatest PC (Update 23JAN13)
[Image: DSC_0040.jpg]

/99

RE: NBA 50 Greatest PC (Update 31JAN13)
Good luck in this project. My friend started out wanting to do the top 50, got everyone except for Maravich. So then he decided to add to the list and do a top 100 or top 150 of the best players in the NBA. He's got everyone he listed, but still missing the Maravich, lol. It's been a few years now. A lot of people try to do the top 50, even myself lol, but never complete it. I guess I just like collecting my Knickerbockers a lot more. You have to very committed to this and have the cash available. My friend's bought a lot of Press Pass Legends, hoping to pull the Maravich cut. 06'07 Chronology too even, but to no avail. He's stopped busting product in hopes to pull it, the boxes have gone up in price and that Chronology is much harder to find nowadays. But like I said, good luck!!
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

(01-31-2013, 05:59 PM)vgqv Wrote: Good luck in this project. My friend started out wanting to do the top 50, got everyone except for Maravich. So then he decided to add to the list and do a top 100 or top 150 of the best players in the NBA. He's got everyone he listed, but still missing the Maravich, lol. It's been a few years now. A lot of people try to do the top 50, even myself lol, but never complete it. I guess I just like collecting my Knickerbockers a lot more. You have to very committed to this and have the cash available. My friend's bought a lot of Press Pass Legends, hoping to pull the Maravich cut. 06'07 Chronology too even, but to no avail. He's stopped busting product in hopes to pull it, the boxes have gone up in price and that Chronology is much harder to find nowadays. But like I said, good luck!!
Thanks. Yeah, It seems to be a very hard to complete. I have been looking for Maravich to pop up...Nothing for sale! It seems to be a little easier with all the products coming out with HOF autos. Maravich and Chamberlin are still going to be a pain.

I figure even if I can’t finish the 50, It would be nice to have some of the great player’s autos.

Sick stuff...

Here are some of my pick-ups in the last week or so. I wanted to get mostly on card autos but as long as it's a clean auto, no big deal.

[Image: DSC_0006_zpsbf534cee.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0016_zps41ff05e1.jpg]

19/50 Still a long way to go!

(01-18-2013, 05:29 PM)briankort Wrote: I have these you could add to your PC

[Image: scan0019.jpg]

[Image: scan0011.jpg]

[Image: scan0012.jpg]
Still have these. All 3 for $60 dlvd?
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade