`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strike two. For USPS.

RE: Strike two. For USPS.
I've never really had problem but my wife does all the time I believe she is fired from the bay
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

Throw in a border crossing and I have to deal with possible screw ups from not one, but two postal services. I once had a package bought of the bay with tracking. It stayed in a sorting facility in upstate New York for 5 months before it showed up at my door. Right now I have two very late trades from members on this site (November) that have not arrived, one purchase and one straight up trade. These are respected members with tons of trades so I know scamming is not occurring, but I'm pretty frustrated because both have PC hits in them. Both packages are probably held up at the border. Likewise I recently lost my 5 star trader rating because a card I shipped took over 2 weeks to arrive and got dinged for it, because it was held up at the border. When my trades arrive late I don't ding shipping because of the border crossing.
My favourite of all time though--me and the wife stayed in the Finger Lakes area of New York for a weekend getaway. I forgot my coat at the B and B and contacted the owners. They happily mailed me the coat and just charged the shipping cost to my room account. It arrives, I go to pick it up, and Canada Post won't release it to me until I pay duty fees....When I told them the situation and it wasn't a purchase (which was indicated no where on the package, but for insurance reasons the B and B owners declared a value) I was basically told tough Sh@t and had to pay $40 in duty fees on my own personal property.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(01-17-2013, 05:03 PM)northflacards Wrote: Has anybody else had problems with their local post office?
Not with delivery confirmation and insurance, which I use with every package staying in the U.S.

UPS is worse yet more expensive, in my experienced opinion.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(01-18-2013, 11:38 AM)jonathani Wrote: Not with delivery confirmation and insurance, which I use with every package staying in the U.S.

UPS is worse yet more expensive, in my experienced opinion.
UPS is definitely more expensive, not that I was comparing the two? As far as quality I disagree, but will not argue with somebody's opinion. Not that I would use them for trading cards.
1,254 unique Chipper Jones
317 unique Javy Lopez