`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can't add same card to different collections?
01-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Can't add same card to different collections?
I'm brand new to this, so maybe this is a learning curve issue for me. I have a folder set up for complete sets, a second folder for subsets, and a third folder for singles. I started my inventory tracking by adding all of my complete sets first, and then all of my subsets. Last night, I started working on my singles. I have a number of singles that will not add to my collections... after repeated attempts to add these cards, I came to the realization that these are cards that are already added to some of my complete sets... Am I correct in assuming that if a card already exists in one collection, that it cannot be added into another collection?

I want to be able to show that, for example, I have a Cal Ripken RC in my "Complete Sets" folder, within my "1982 Topps" collection, and then that I have a second Cal Ripken RC in my "Singles" folder, "Cal Ripken" collection. I don't want to have to refer back to my Complete Sets to show that I have a duplicate. I want to be able to keep an inventory the exact same way I store these cards... one in a set binder, one in a singles binder.

I'm hoping that someone can tell me my assumption is wrong, and that there is a way to add duplicate cards into separate collections...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 02:51 PM
RE: Can't add same card to different collections?
if you have already added a card from your online price guide to your organize, all you have to do is search for that card in your organize, and select it. then just use the "add to" button to add it to a specific collection

onedollardutch.blogspot.com
01-16-2013, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2013 05:11 PM by ed0508.)
RE: Can't add same card to different collections?
Hey bro, thanks, that worked!!!

However, there is a problem...

I did some cross-checking to make sure that the numbers add up, and discovered that the affected collections have the right item count and dollar values. But, the overall ("All Items") count and the overall dollar value did not increase. They certainly should increase!

ACTUALLY... Just discovered how to solve that problem... you have to use the "duplicate" button, and then move the duplicate to whatever collection you want. This adds the proper values to the collection, and the the "All Items" !