`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OT: What players cost too much?

RE: OT: What players cost too much?
(01-12-2013, 02:29 PM)roostersclassics11 Wrote: I just think Kirk Cousins autos are going to high for playing 1.5 games and being a back up.
Like Ryan Mallet last year(minus the whole playing in a game part)

Any of My Pc Players that people have found out I collect and decide to cash in On. I mean seriously asking $400 on a contenders 1/1 on a WR who hasn't played in 2 years or $200 for a press plate for a rb who played 3 games and then was cut by the seahawks. At some point folks need to wake up reality and see their cards aren't worth as much as they dream they are. if not you end up like that guy who tried to trade me a Stefan lefors card /5 (that he says he paid $500 for back in 2005) for only $1000 bv worth of Jordans or Kobe. its just not going to happen.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

(01-12-2013, 12:23 PM)ugameck Wrote: However - Bo's stats aren't the greatest. He never broke 1000 yards in a season.
Career - 2782 yards and 16 touchdowns. 4 year career before injury. And baseball? Career .250 batting average - hit 32 homers in 1989 and struck out a league leading 172 times the same season.

Bo's value is so high because of marketing. Same as Tebow. We all just wanted him to keep playing because everyone loved him. I did growing up - I had a few Bo Knows T-shirts.
I disagree, Bo was one of the first of his kind a true pioneer. He was the first athlete to be named an All-Star in Baseball & Football no other player had ever done that in two American Sports.

He never reached 1,000 yards rushing because he didn't have the opportunity. He was playing baseball when his peers that didn't play baseball were playing football. No one else did that at the time, and very few have done it since....

However when he did play football in his shortened football seasons he averaged 5.4 yrds per carry. Who did that? Anyone? That small little stat of Bo Jackson's is the greatest!

If I am wrong feel free to name the players who did both, then how many did it at All-star levels in both sports...I am sure I have enough fingers on one hand to count how players did that in the recorded history of human civilization.

All I can say about Bo is that, he was the man, he made the T-shirt, the T-shirt didn't make him!

Jim Thorpe (MLB 252 average, 6 total NFL TD's) , Deion Sanders (never became an all-star in the MLB), who else..........Brian Jordan, then.....

Fact: Bo Jackson won the MVP in the 1989 All-star game, while averaging 5.5 yards per carry in the 1989 NFL season.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

Now if only I could use this info to find sleepers!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Barry Sanders.

(01-13-2013, 08:34 PM)warcraftin Wrote: I disagree, Bo was one of the first of his kind a true pioneer. He was the first athlete to be named an All-Star in Baseball & Football no other player had ever done that in two American Sports.

He never reached 1,000 yards rushing because he didn't have the opportunity. He was playing baseball when his peers that didn't play baseball were playing football. No one else did that at the time, and very few have done it since....

However when he did play football in his shortened football seasons he averaged 5.4 yrds per carry. Who did that? Anyone? That small little stat of Bo Jackson's is the greatest!

If I am wrong feel free to name the players who did both, then how many did it at All-star levels in both sports...I am sure I have enough fingers on one hand to count how players did that in the recorded history of human civilization.

All I can say about Bo is that, he was the man, he made the T-shirt, the T-shirt didn't make him!

Jim Thorpe (MLB 252 average, 6 total NFL TD's) , Deion Sanders (never became an all-star in the MLB), who else..........Brian Jordan, then.....

Fact: Bo Jackson won the MVP in the 1989 All-star game, while averaging 5.5 yards per carry in the 1989 NFL season.
You are making my point. Everyone loves Bo. He did awesome things for a year in professional sports - was a freaking beast - and was a guy everyone pulled for. I don't care that he won any all star MVP - that's the pick for one game.

Technically, Tebow didn't have the "opportunity" to do it this year.

I love Bo - just don't know why everyone remembers him as a NFL football God. Barry Sanders played at the same time and put up far better numbers on an equally bad or worse team.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(01-13-2013, 09:01 PM)ugameck Wrote: You are making my point. Everyone loves Bo. He did awesome things for a year in professional sports - was a freaking beast - and was a guy everyone pulled for. I don't care that he won any all star MVP - that's the pick for one game.

Technically, Tebow didn't have the "opportunity" to do it this year.

I love Bo - just don't know why everyone remembers him as a NFL football God. Barry Sanders played at the same time and put up far better numbers on an equally bad or worse team.
I think I understand your point. I think he could have been so much more.

A good read -> http://bleacherreport.com/articles/11209...-have-been

I just respectfully disagree with classifying the lack of talent at the QB position by Tim Tebow with Bo Jackson's 2-sport All-star talent.

As far as overpriced Aaron Rodgers Topps Chrome RC $100 no thanks. I'll take Kaepernick for $2.50 Smile Something has to give there Smile
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

Bo also had to share snaps with marcus allen. People seem to forget that little fact.. His stats were going to be lower no matter what.

I honestly dont know how anyone can debate bo's greatness.
[Image: simmons_iliustration_g_mp_640.jpg&w=640&h=360]