`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
To all of the people who complain about this site

RE: To all of the people who complain about this site
I stopped trading here mainly because I started purchasing all my card needs. it was hard to get Ethier cards from users because they didn't have many. Which is fine. But I also figured out that BV...Is the most inaccurate value that can be placed on a card. I understand people say it is just a guide and whatnot, but there are far too many cards listed places that sell for WELL WELL under the BV. Which again is fine but when some folks thing the OPG is the god off all pricing...then I have issues. Another thing...Paying for this ORG....Dumbest thing ever. But that is just an opinion. I don't frequent here as much as I once did for those reason mainly.

I have made over 500 trades each here and on another site. I enjoy trading equally on both.
Both sites have a core of knowledgeable and helpful members. The moderators (that I have dealt with) on each site have been wonderful.

Beckett has My Organize, which is the best inventory program I have used for card.
Beckett also has a very good trading tool tied directly to my collection, which puts it ahead of other site in that regard.
IF, they ever get Matchmaker up or re-allow the yellow stars to rise to the top, it would be light years better than any other sites trading tools.

I do have to say that though , that this site is the only one that makes me swear on a regular basis! The slow speeds, disappearing trade windows, and the ever popular 3 minute wait while I add one card to my organize drive me absolutely bonkers!!!!

There are pros and cons to each one, but if Beckett could improve the site performance and re-institute the stars to the top feature for trades, I may never have to log onto another site ever again.

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

it is frustrating when any website is running slow, but to people who dont like the site and just want to complain, its simple, go somewhere else. i know as a collector im better off being a member here than not. i do however really miss the way this site was about 5-10 yrs ago, it was always fast. to the op, i noticed u mentioned Indians......if u have any 90s inserts of belle, baerga, lofton, manny i will trade u for all of them.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

There's a big difference in the speed of this website today and 2 years ago. I really like the "NEW" website. I wasn't sure I was gonna make it through a few years ago. Trading funtions could use some tweeking though.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

(01-15-2013, 04:17 PM)scottzoe Wrote: I have made over 500 trades each here and on another site. I enjoy trading equally on both.
Both sites have a core of knowledgeable and helpful members. The moderators (that I have dealt with) on each site have been wonderful.

Beckett has My Organize, which is the best inventory program I have used for card.
Beckett also has a very good trading tool tied directly to my collection, which puts it ahead of other site in that regard.
IF, they ever get Matchmaker up or re-allow the yellow stars to rise to the top, it would be light years better than any other sites trading tools.

I do have to say that though , that this site is the only one that makes me swear on a regular basis! The slow speeds, disappearing trade windows, and the ever popular 3 minute wait while I add one card to my organize drive me absolutely bonkers!!!!

There are pros and cons to each one, but if Beckett could improve the site performance and re-institute the stars to the top feature for trades, I may never have to log onto another site ever again.

Scott

I completely agree - if Beckett could fix the performance and get the stars working, this would be great!
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

Beckett is the best. Plus I am sure some of those scumbags that rip people off go to those sites after they get banned from Beckett. I will stick with Beckett. I have not even looked at another site for trading.