Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's up with Beckett forums lately

What's up with Beckett forums lately
Hi,
It's been some time since I've been on the hockey forums. I made a couple of posts in the last few days. I've been checking back regularly to check my posts, it seems the posts aren't moving at all. I used to be on here faithfully a couple of years ago(the old Beckett forums). There was trading only then, no selling. There used to be dozens and dozens of new posts and numerous traders browsing the forums daily. I've been on here both in the daytime and nighttime with only me browsing, weird...is this the norm now or is it the lockout, either way I'm not liking it. Hopefully it's only slow now where it's the Christmas season. Sorry about the long read, take care.

RE: What's up with Beckett forums lately
Yeah, things really dropped off once Beckett started charging for Organize.
[Image: 0809bdall_sm.jpg]
Looking for: Patrick Roy, 80s OPC, 72/73 OPC
Photobucket
GO HABS!

Yeah, Sadly, It's the norm now. Beckett has really done things to hurt the long time loyal customers. Slowly they're starting to come back but it hasn't been anything what it used to be.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

I can tell you that some of the speed issues you are experiencing are due to the increased load that Organize is putting on our servers, and we have enacted a plan to help with this issue.

Our lead developer will be working on a few Organize related projects, including one to improve the indexing of Organize (which will lead to faster searches in Organize). In addition, we will be freeing up some load on the Organize server to help with these speed issues.

Once both projects are completed, we will do our analysis again and see what additional improvements can be made. We appreciate your business and hope you have a great holiday season!

Thanks, Bill S.
Bill S.
Chief Hobby Operations Officer
Beckett Media LLC
"28-years in the Hobby"
Collector of all "Sutherland" cards!

I'm really only on here for the OPG. If I didn't need that, I'd probably pass by the forums.
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

phildo37 - same with me. I use the organize and trade tools all the time, but rarely find threads worthy of reading and participating in.

it is not what it is used to be.. that is for sure I been on here for a while on and off
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

I only use the trade tool. I live in an area with very few hockey cards so its nice to be able to trade for cards instead of buying them. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying for a feature beckett offers, but if they are taking my money, they better be giving a product worth paying for. Not excuses and empty promises, poor customer service and an overall sour taste in my mouth. Sure i could stop paying, but than were would i be, another collector no longer collecting and how does that help the hobby?
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

I would be trading if I didn't have to pay for it. Because I like the people who use this site, I still use the boards. Actually, I'd better not say that or they'll start charging for this too.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

I see some familiar names posting here that I dealt with "back on the day". Trading has died down here - and there are less frequent users it seems. With that I now get few if any responses to my threads anymore.
Seems like a log of posts of what people want or what they want to get rid of ...... But very little action.
It certainly is a shame - but there are easier more popular sites around. Ill probably take yet another hiatus and come back in a while to see if anything has improved - until then ill stick to the marketplace and buying what I need (as trading has all but died)
96-97 UD Game Jerseys, BAP Auto's and Kevin Westgarth

[Image: redwingsbanner.png]

[Image: westgarthbanner.png]