IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
1st Annual weslamb and friends Contest for December!! Final Entries Only

RE: 1st Annual weslamb and friends Contest for December!! Final Entries Only
Congrats Alanch!
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

Bummer, I was hoping I'd get to open my first box in years Sad Ah well, congrats the the winner.

Wow! PM incoming! Smile

Thanks again weslamb for the contest. This was extremely generous! Thanks to englandhousehold for taking the time to help with voting. Wes, if you need any help with future contests, let me know.

Congrats to all the other entries as well. A lot of good sketches made this a fun contest! Will be my first box break in quite a while!

I will be sure to post the hits! Thanks again!
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

Congrat Alan!
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

Congrats?
[Image: MyNewBanner_zps12325c44.jpg]

My Photobucket:
http://s1055.beta.photobucket.com/user/M...ds?src=wap
WILL TRADE FOR ALL MARQUES COLSTON CARDS!

This was a cool contest, and I don't want to tell you how to run your very own contests because you're being awesome and giving someone a free prize....but if it were me, I would randomly pick a winner with all the entrants names in a hat or something. Just picking a winner by the opinion of one or two people leaves the door open for lots of bias. I don't think you can honestly say that one person deserved it over another person just based on the story given. Any of that could be made up.

(01-06-2013, 07:44 PM)slufan83 Wrote: This was a cool contest, and I don't want to tell you how to run your very own contests because you're being awesome and giving someone a free prize....but if it were me, I would randomly pick a winner with all the entrants names in a hat or something. Just picking a winner by the opinion of one or two people leaves the door open for lots of bias. I don't think you can honestly say that one person deserved it over another person just based on the story given. Any of that could be made up.
Wow... All I can say.. I'll just leave this alone.
[Image: mikethomas_banner-1.jpg]
Mike Thomas Collection Thread
Working 3rd shift, so please be patient to my replies Smile

(01-06-2013, 08:42 PM)weslamb Wrote: Wow... All I can say.. I'll just leave this alone.
No disrespect to you at all man, I think it's very generous that you're giving out a free box of cards. I'm just saying that in 99.9% of contests, usually everyone has an equal opportunity to win. That wasn't the case with this. Someone just picks a winner based on a story. I'm not being a sore loser, because frankly I'm happy for whoever wins. It's just my opinion is all.

+1. That's the kind of people that the boards draw now.

(01-06-2013, 08:42 PM)weslamb Wrote: Wow... All I can say.. I'll just leave this alone.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

(01-06-2013, 09:28 PM)englandhousehold Wrote: +1. That's the kind of people that the boards draw now.
Excuse me? I've been here since 2000 when the old buy/sell/trade system was around. When they switched over to this newer format I made this new account. I can still log into my other account if you'd like to see the member since 2000 tag. I have nearly 500 deals here since 2006 and probably 500 more from 2000-2005 when they didn't have feedback, etc. I was simply stating my opinion, not making a single judgement on anyone as you are to me. Grow up man.