`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secret Santa Showoff Thread II: Well, Let's See Em...

RE: Secret Santa Showoff Thread II: Well, Let's See Em...
Nice hauls. I'm starting to get excited for mine. I'm really excited for the last piece of my present to come in so I can finally get it out. Starting to feel bad about this.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

I'm still waiting on mine. I also have to send out my secret stuff as well. Was waiting on a trade that fell through, and now I'm scrambling.

(12-28-2012, 01:08 AM)jowlsisacanucksfan Wrote: No he enjoys seeing a man squeal like a little girl and jump up and down like the canucks just scored an OT game winner. And upon seeing this card below that's pretty much what happened.

[Image: Nazzy_zpsad24c887.jpg]

2007-08 SP Game Used Markus Naslund Auto #6/10.

I haven't even seen these before let alone thought I was ever going to own a Canucks one and all from generosity.
Make that two guys abandoning all trappings of masculine decorum over a cardboard. In my defense, it's something spectacular and probably my favorite card of the thread so far. A beauty sticker auto from SPGU? I guess miracles do happen. Great read...and the cards to back it up.

(12-22-2012, 04:39 PM)alstott9adams Wrote: My secret santa was from cambridge ont canada and it made my 5 year old son christmas !!!! he went nuts when he saw the additions to our pc's and to make it better we needed EVERY SINGLE CARD ty secret sanata from mark jr & mark III
At 45 words, that's like 43 more words than your typical post. Man I hope you took a stretch break. ; ) All were heartfelt though...Mark III going nuts is an image that definitely put a smile on my face.
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

(12-30-2012, 03:29 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: Make that two guys abandoning all trappings of masculine decorum over a cardboard. In my defense, it's something spectacular and probably my favorite card of the thread so far. A beauty sticker auto from SPGU? I guess miracles do happen. Great read...and the cards to back it up.

At 45 words, that's like 43 more words than your typical post. Man I hope you took a stretch break. ; ) All were heartfelt though...Mark III going nuts is an image that definitely put a smile on my face.
Lol well said sir, but I still prefer that triple cup jersey. But that's only cause I have yet to get a Nuge
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Well Santa dropped off a package today in Western Pennsylvania. And of course as I knew I was pretty good this year. Here's what he left off. And sorry scanner is not agreeing with me today.

4 Young Guns too Help along my completion of the 2011-12 set for my son.
Roman Horak
Alex Stalock
John Moore
Mark Scheifele

And 3 other great cards
Brandon Saad SPA Future Watch Auto
Brandon Saad Dominion ser/60 Auto and Jer
Luca Caputi ITG Auto

So overall it was great. I had a great time with all this and can't wait to see the rest of them.
[Image: LxqYj.png]

I collect in order 1. Dick Allen everything 2. Brian Omogrosso 1/1 3. Past Present and Future Penguins RC 4. Western PA MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL RC's 5. Pitt players in the NBA RC's

I've been holding off posting my Santa gifts, hoping that he would return and drop off a new scanner, too, so you could all see the goods, but no such luck. I'll have to buy one myself.

As for the gifts, they were amazing. Inside the package were two wrapped gifts. Like a kid I opened the largest first, and found a 40 count (give or take) case LOADED with my favorite players...it included rookies, inserts, and serial numbered cards of all my favorites like Backstrom, Heatley, Spezza, and LOTS of Red Wings. It was LOADS of fun, but as it turned out, these were the stocking stuffers...

The real gifts were:
BAP Heatley Auto
Pacific Spezza Jersey
UD Ice Heately Jersey
ITG Enforcers Gerard Gallant Auto
UD Champs Niklas Kronwall Auto

I'm not sure who my santa was (I could probably narrow it down to a handful of guesses), but I can't thank you enough for the AWESOME cards and for the thought you put into them. I hope your Santa returned the favor for me (and feel free to reveal your identity if you'd like)!
I collect Dany Heatley, Nicklas Backstrom, all Red Wings and most Yankees.

You can scratch me off the list, mine came in yesterday:

[Image: IMG_20130110_184657.jpg]
This one made me laugh a little, because I already have one and I knew the second I said that, Santa's heart would sink, but don't despair! You got lucky and were matched up with a guy who, when it comes to his 4 player PCs L.O.V.E.S. multiple copies of cards. Don't believe me, here's a chunk of my Brust PC:
[Image: DSCN6045.jpg]
That's right. 16 copies of a worthless base card, obtained entirely on purpose. Not to mention the other half of my collection is multiple copies of certain RCs. I should say that proves I like multiples! So a big thanks for that one, Santa!

Next came this little gem. Santa helped me decide whether I was going to chase the R&S rainbow or the Topps rainbow first. Was leaning towards Topps, but Santa said "uh-uh" and sent me this:
[Image: IMG_20130110_184624.jpg]
#/150
Goes nice with the Silver Holofoil #/99 I already had. Looks like I'll be going after the R&S parallels first. Thanks for making up my mind, Santa!

...and that brings us to the third card, and my favourite of the bunch. The reason I was leaning towards the Topps rainbow is that I already have the Black Border #/55 (I only have one true RC of the guy, haha) and most of his Topps cards are fairly cheap and readily available. In my mind though, more cards trumps lower number, so I'm not going for Topps...just yet. Now, the thing about this third card received is that it also trumps my Topps Black Border #/55 because this one;
[Image: IMG_20130110_184725.jpg]
is #/25, making it the new lowest serial numbered Watkins card in my collection!

So, thank you, thank you, thank you Santa! The cards are great!

you...are...a freak sir....*looks at my 18 AK47 RC dupes* ....nm
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Basically that Topps #/55 is looking like a pile of crap now, haha.

My Secret Santa package arrived today. Thank you so much for the wonderful cards. They will look great in my PC.

[Image: SecretSanta.jpg]

[Image: 2005-06SPAuthenticScriptstoSuccessSSESEricStaal.jpg]

[Image: 2011-12SPxShadowboxSB13RickNash.jpg]

Thanks again for the cards.

Chris
[Image: 35754349162_ed852a8323.jpg]

Bucket: https://www.flickr.com/photos/123198232@N04/albums
"ONLY TRADER ALBUMS ARE AVAILABLE"