`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Another reason I miss Topps and Upper Deck in NBA cards

RE: Another reason I miss Topps and Upper Deck in NBA cards
(12-19-2012, 10:14 AM)bballfrk44 Wrote: Me and roommate were debating whether we liked these or not. I thought they were pretty cool just for the simple fact that it's different. The market has seemed to be pretty watered down with jersey and autos of all these rookies so I give Panini credit for trying to shake it up and have some fun. If I got one of these I wouldn't be disappointed.
I see your point here. if I got one, even of a player I liked there would not be total dissapointment because it is different. I just know that it would not stay in the PC.

The "watered down" market is what the collectors demand of the RC cards and we all pay for it when packs are purchased. In reality there is only so much they can do with a trading card and who of us want to pay more money for a product that has less RCs, autos, and game used? Not me.

Thanks for all the comments and opinions guys.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(12-19-2012, 12:35 PM)got watcha want Wrote: I see your point here. if I got one, even of a player I liked there would not be total dissapointment because it is different. I just know that it would not stay in the PC.

The "watered down" market is what the collectors demand of the RC cards and we all pay for it when packs are purchased. In reality there is only so much they can do with a trading card and who of us want to pay more money for a product that has less RCs, autos, and game used? Not me.

Thanks for all the comments and opinions guys.
That's a great point, I remember when jersey cards and autos were 1 in hundres if not thousands of packs. I'd much rather buy a product I know I'm going to get hits in even if I do have to pay a little extra. I think the weaker players kind of even out the higher population.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

I don't hate this idea either. It's something different and aren't expected to be judged as real artwork. It's just a fun little sketch they made. I think the scarcity will make these a hot commodity.