`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
ebay problem..

ebay problem..
so i recently sold a fairly cheap (~$10) card on the bay, and in the listing i stated "one out of every 3 buyers will receive a bonus card valued at $1".. nothing special.. well today i get a message from the buyer complaining "I do not like this card and the item is not as described". well the buyer goes on to open a case with ebay resolution center and [of course] the case is ruled in the buyer's favor. a refund of shipping and the card was issued all because the buyer did not like the FREE bonus card they received. well now the buyer demands i pay return shipping if i want the card back...

what should i do?
Currently collecting Ravel Santana Bowman Prospect Auto refractors!
Need: Red, Purple, Gold, Orange & Super.

If you see any items listed on eBay or for trade please let me know!!

RE: ebay problem..
let it go, not much you can do... wish you could still leave negative feedback on buyers.
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

(11-29-2012, 12:15 AM)elfeo013 Wrote: let it go, not much you can do... wish you could still leave negative feedback on buyers.
as a seller, i hate buyer protection. people definitely abuse the system and ebay practically allows it

Refer to eBay policy regarding refunds where the buyer pays return shipping unless listed otherwise by the seller. Once they fail to return the item you go to eBay explaining that you offered a refund dependent upon return of item and they chose not to go through with it. I've had eBay return payment to me in the past in cases like this.

I would stop giving away "bonus cards".
[Image: medlendodger_zps6b1c847c.jpg]
**Looking for Kris Medlen cards, willing to trade/buy**

(11-29-2012, 12:13 PM)Murzcoach Wrote: I would stop giving away "bonus cards".
they're just cheap commons im trying to give away. cant sell them

I would stop listing them in the auction description then, just send them as a surprise. Listing them in the auction is just asking for problems.
[Image: medlendodger_zps6b1c847c.jpg]
**Looking for Kris Medlen cards, willing to trade/buy**

eBay Buyer Protection is really Seller Screwover. Buyer will always win and the system is completely broken. As others have said, remove the bonus card and be very detailed with item description, tracking of shipping, delivery confirmation, etc. They can still lie, but this cuts down on some of the loopholes.

1. Drop it and move on..not a lot of $$..you can please some people no matter what..these people ALWAYS send the food back at Restaurants.
2. Stop ad with free cards..either just send them, or use them as outer protection
3. If you fight it..eBay will listen to you..especially if you are a powerseller...they make $$ off of you...if the refund policy says that the item must be returned and the postage paid by the buyer to get it there (refunded when the item is returned)..then you could push the issue..but..is it worth it?
4. Buyer protection is overemphasized and overboard (really) to get people to buy "blind"... it is a big chance sending $$ to someone over the internet, especially for older people

Personally..I would e-mail the person and state my displeasure with them opening a case because of the free card. I would say... keep the cards and the $$...then I would BLOCK them from bidding again..

(11-29-2012, 01:56 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: 1. Drop it and move on..not a lot of $$..you can please some people no matter what..these people ALWAYS send the food back at Restaurants.
2. Stop ad with free cards..either just send them, or use them as outer protection
3. If you fight it..eBay will listen to you..especially if you are a powerseller...they make $$ off of you...if the refund policy says that the item must be returned and the postage paid by the buyer to get it there (refunded when the item is returned)..then you could push the issue..but..is it worth it?
4. Buyer protection is overemphasized and overboard (really) to get people to buy "blind"... it is a big chance sending $$ to someone over the internet, especially for older people

Personally..I would e-mail the person and state my displeasure with them opening a case because of the free card. I would say... keep the cards and the $$...then I would BLOCK them from bidding again..
that's what i'm going to do, i'm just very thankful it was only a $10 card and not a super expensive one. thanks a lot for the insight!