`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Card investing?

RE: Card investing?
(11-16-2012, 12:44 PM)kbfullerr Wrote: i have been trying to buy on craigslist but omg some people are so attached to there stuff they want 500 dollars for maybe 2000 cards from the 80s and 90s
And then there are people like me that advertise on Craigslist a big bucket of roughly 3500 2009-2012 base cards including chrome cards and rookie cards for $60 just to get them out of my apartment and I get no responses. I ended up just donating them to a children's home here in Phoenix when I moved.
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

well i texted a guy the other day and he says first off i am not a card guy and just want to move them. He bought them from an estate sale and hasnt went through them. He was asking 125 i offered 75 hoping to hit like a jeter rc or griffey to at least make up my money and move the rest guy goes no they are good cards. And i said sorry to say but you dont know whats in there most of them honestly i will pry trash and since your not a card guy its kinda like gambling for me. he then said no and that was the end. i so badly wanted to scream YOUR NOT A CARD GUY YOU HAVE NO FRIGGEN IDEA!!!

I came back to collecting last year and thought I had a goldmine on my hands with all the 80's and early 90's stuff only to find out it was junk. Nice donation though.

Now, I've come to the conclusion that this hobby, for me at least, is about COLLECTING what I want. And that would be Griffey's. Everything else in my org is fair game. I no longer have the attachment to any others that I used to.

I stopped looking on CL long again because of the same experience kbfullerr has had.

Collecting what one wants is what I think the hobby is about, too.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

I would say if you have any Great Cards with an Autograph, sent then in to be Graded. Last year I just bought Boxes for an Investment-Baseball and Football. The Year 2009-2010 I Bought Upper Deck Basket ball Boxeswith Players in their N B A uniforms. In the Future it will be Hard to find yester years Super Stars, M.Jordan-L.Bird,LeBron James,Kobe Bryant, D. Wade,Magic Johnson,Dennis Rodman,Scottie Pippen,Charles Barkley.Too many to think about.