`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Topps redemptions

RE: Topps redemptions
(11-14-2012, 01:49 PM)shivelycore Wrote: Im trying to get repalcements right now for two 2011 Ginter relics that have never been produced. Of course theya re so abcked up thanks to Sandy I might not hear back until 2013.
I'm curious which 2 cards were never produced. (?) -Does Beckett still include them in their checklist?
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

i was at my LCS and another customer opened a box of 5 star. he got a redemption and used the computer in the store to redeem the card. the Topps website said that "the code does not exist" what's up with that? we all saw him scratch off the grey thing to reveal the code and saw him put the code into the site... why would it say it doesn't exist? is it because this is a new product and they havent loaded the codes yet?
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

(11-17-2012, 07:43 PM)elfeo013 Wrote: i was at my LCS and another customer opened a box of 5 star. he got a redemption and used the computer in the store to redeem the card. the Topps website said that "the code does not exist" what's up with that? we all saw him scratch off the grey thing to reveal the code and saw him put the code into the site... why would it say it doesn't exist? is it because this is a new product and they havent loaded the codes yet?
Product is too new and the codes are not active at Topps..on the other hand..WHAT THE HECK IS A REDEMPTION DOING IN A $500 a pack product!!!
Get the Autos and Jerseys before production or DO NOT INCLUDE THEM IN THE PRODUCT..
Any other business this would be fraud..since 1/2 of the redemptions will not be available and be replaced..what a racket..

(11-17-2012, 10:11 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: Product is too new and the codes are not active at Topps..on the other hand..WHAT THE HECK IS A REDEMPTION DOING IN A $500 a pack product!!!
Get the Autos and Jerseys before production or DO NOT INCLUDE THEM IN THE PRODUCT..
Any other business this would be fraud..since 1/2 of the redemptions will not be available and be replaced..what a racket..
Thank you. I will pass the information along. You know how long Topps waits until they make the codes active?
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

I'd just try entering once per day until it comes up as valid.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Update:

I got my replacement auto in the mail today nine days after I called Topps about it. The sent me a 2011 Bowman Chrome prospect auto of Stetson Allie. It actually books for $2 more than the Jenkins auto I was supposed to get. It is available for trade if anybody is interested.

I hate redemptions, and replacements for redemptions. It's fraud.

Whenever I pull a redemption now, I just trade it or sell it, regardless of who it's "supposed to be."

I don't bother with it. I couldn't care less. It's useless to me.

Back in like 2000-01, my grandparents sent me a box of Topps basketball, and I pulled an Allen Iverson auto redemption. He was one of my top 2 or 3 favorite players, so I was stoked, especially because it was one of the last gifts they ever sent me.

They were in declining health, and I knew they weren't going to be around a whole lot longer.

Long story short, I waited a year and a half, and after repeated phone calls and promises that he was going to be signing/had signed already/blah blah blah, I got three crap autos — Kwame Brown, anyone? — and like two or three dud jerseys ... but the TOTAL VALUE was supposedly equal.

Of course!

Because technically, if you sent me like 1,000,000 Steve Jeltz 1987 Topps cards, that's the equivalent value of a '52 Mantle, right?

Then, in 08-09, I pulled a DJ Augustin rookie refractor auto redemption out of a box of Topps Chrome ... pretty sweet pull at the time ... waited and waited ... then got a Spud Webb auto out of a different product after waiting several months.

Nice "common vet" auto as a replacement for "one guaranteed Chrome rookie auto per box."

(I know some of you are going to be like, "I'd rather have the Spud Webb auto" — but at the time, Augustin was a pretty major prospect ... believe me, it was a disappointing swap.)

I mean, how is that not fraud, or deceptive advertising?

I understand they have the disclaimer on the back of the redemptions, but to me, the written guarantee on the outside packaging — i.e., "One Chrome rookie autograph per box" pretty much takes care of the disclaimer, no?

It's crap. I despise it.

I swear, if I was a lawyer I would draw up the m-th-r f-ck-r of all class action lawsuits and get literally anyone on the boards who wanted in on it involved.

I mean, maybe we'd all get like 8 cents each, LOL, but at least these companies would get a large, swift kick in the junk.

The only thing I would be OK with is them replacing your card with — GASP! — something better than you sent in.

So, as in the Iverson example, if they sent me a Kobe Bryant auto or something, then, so be it.

Or a Derrick Rose instead of the Augustin.

Now, obviously, the argument against that would be "well, if they did that, these companies would lose money."

So what's ultimately better for business ... the company's SUBSTANTIAL profit margin taking the occasional hit when a redemption doesn't come through — OR THE CUSTOMER GETTING TOTALLY SCREWED, REPEATEDLY?

I mean, I'm sorry, but as long as we all continue buying trading cards — myself included — this is not going to change.

We have the ultimate power, we just don't and won't use it.

(11-17-2012, 10:11 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: WHAT THE HECK IS A REDEMPTION DOING IN A $500 a pack product!!!

They have enough problems getting one player to sign...imagine how long it takes to get 4+ players to sign. I'd rather have a redemption for an on-card auto than stickers. Everyone can blame Topps all they want, but if the player is lazy or decides they want more money and doesn't sign there's not much Topps can do. Sure there's a few that never get made, but most do, 90% of my redemptions have been filled with the promised card, many within two weeks of entering the code. I'm still waiting on a couple Matt Cain autos from 2011 that I know will never arrive. Sure it sucks, but so it goes, and I'm not going to hate on Topps just because a player won't sign his dang cards.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!