`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
5 STAR

RE: 5 STAR
im boycotting buy those crap.....i bet not one card would be good enough to be graded a 9.5
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

Then you have to pay like $200 per card to grade because of the estimated value. I mean when the Ruth cut and Gehrig bat name plate get pulled that sh&t better be wrapped in gold. All of the cards should be acetate like the tier one rookie reprints this year. Just my opinion.
Bottomline boycott if you already bought don't buy anymore topps rushed this set to rake in more millions.Tribute comes out in the beginning of the year ( great set), tier one in the summer (excellent set), triple threads in the fall (a little disappointing compared to last year), FIVE STAR this should of came out next month. I THINK WE CAN ALL AGREE.

Im really disappointed I have always been a big Topps fan. But when i saw this product and the results it was yielding, it was just terrible. Too many high numbered cards, chipped corners, and etc. So sorry Topps you missed out on a great chance to make an ultra high end product.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT buy singles
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(11-14-2012, 05:52 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: yeah i saw some ebay seller selling the 5 star cards as well and in the descrip says the corners are chipped.
I was very surprised at how poor the edges were on a Yaz auto I saw on ebay. You'd think Topps would have solved that problem by now and especially for Five Star. As for Yaz, Topps is using the same familiar images found on other Topps issues. Not what I would want to see in a Five Star product.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

I've seen enough of the box breaks online - and some of the cards on ebay...for me it was the fact that all autos were on card and by far I loved the booklets. Having never hit a booklet before i did save my money and I bought some boxes - shoot, the anticipation alone was worth it Smile. Did I make my money back? I don't know yet - but I did get what I was looking for with 2 booklets! I honestly didn't think I had a bad box (Griffey fans would be ecstatic), and the condition of the cards in my boxes were very good. Usually the top card which normally is a gu non auto because of the sliding was chipped - but even then, it was not that case with every box.

I'm not sure what you guys are complaining about, I love the set. My Five Star boxes were quite nice. Then again, I may be biased because I like the football version every year too so I was excited they did a baseball Five Star this year.

Ya - I plan on getting a couple boxes of the football version as well - The only real complaint that I had was the number of redemptions. I had 7 redemptions in the 6 boxes i opened - which is kind of absurd for a "high" end product, but as long as the cards are delivered it really doesn't matter either way. Once I return from this business trip I am on - i will post scans if anyone wants. JUST my redemptions were:

Active Player Auto:
Bryce Harper

Retired Player Auto:
Ken Griffey Jr.

Silver Sig:
Jim Palmer
Ken Griffey Jr.

Active and Retired Single Auto Relic of some parallel
Jesus Montero

Dual Autograph Booklet:
Matt Kemp/Clayton Kershaw
Ken Griffey Sr./Ken Griifey Jr.

Seriously just think of all of the singles you could purchase with $500.........

I stiill Didn't buy a box or a case but i did buy a Koufax dual auto book #/10. So it's kind of like spending money on a box. I dont have any Koufax autos so I'd figure to pay for a card that has two autos on it.