`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
certified auto

certified auto
what causes a certified auto from a card company to get any thing but a 10, i recieved an 9.0 on a spa future watch auto.

RE: certified auto
(11-02-2012, 01:24 AM)beckettdah Wrote: what causes a certified auto from a card company to get any thing but a 10, i recieved an 9.0 on a spa future watch auto.
If it is a sticker autograph and the auto runs off of the sticker, it won't get a 10. If it is what I call a shadow box autograph and any part of the auto touches any part of the box, it won't get a 10.

There's probably more reasons. Can you post a scan of the card?
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

If the auto has smears or the ink quality is uneven due to uneven pressure from whom ever was signing it will also affect the auto grade.

Plus what Nolan said above.
[Image: DeKeyser_Osgood_zpsa608e9e1.gif]
PC'ing Danny Dekeyser and Chris Osgood!
Collecting Red Wings Past Present and Future!

(11-02-2012, 02:54 PM)mattdmc3446023 Wrote: If the auto has smears or the ink quality is uneven due to uneven pressure from whom ever was signing it will also affect the auto grade.

Plus what Nolan said above.
Thanks, you said the one that I couldn't seem to find the words to explain.

(11-02-2012, 03:42 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Thanks, you said the one that I couldn't seem to find the words to explain.
No problem glad I could help

(11-02-2012, 03:55 PM)mattdmc3446023 Wrote: No problem glad I could help
i noticed on an auction site that they had a craig smith spa fw with the auto going through the serial number of the card. do you think that would be something that could bring down a grade on the grading scale?

(11-02-2012, 06:56 PM)beckettdah Wrote: i noticed on an auction site that they had a craig smith spa fw with the auto going through the serial number of the card. do you think that would be something that could bring down a grade on the grading scale?
That one I'm not sure of, out of the 150 so auto's I've had graded I never had one go through the serial number so not entirely sure.

I would want to say no it shouldn't hurt the auto grade but I really don't know that one, maybe Nolan can answer that one.

(11-02-2012, 08:48 PM)mattdmc3446023 Wrote: That one I'm not sure of, out of the 150 so auto's I've had graded I never had one go through the serial number so not entirely sure.

I would want to say no it shouldn't hurt the auto grade but I really don't know that one, maybe Nolan can answer that one.
I don't know that one either. I've never sen an auto that goes through the serial #. Maybe Jeff will be along and can help.

As mentioned, if an auto runs off the sticker/card or is smeared/streaky it will get a lower grade. Sometimes though (judging by the 9 auto I received on the card below) it's unclear. I'm assuming they were just sticking to the 9 theme lol.

[Image: Ray%20Rice%209%20of%2010_1.jpg]

I got 10 auto grade for my card below
[Image: 152a6d75.jpg]