`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weired ebay situation.

Weired ebay situation.
So I placed a bid on a card two days before it was to end. On the day after it ended I went on there to pay for item and it was marked as shipped with a dc#. Not only that but the seller was no longer registered. It was a seller that had history and not a newbie. I received the card in the mail the other day and I never paid for it. My question is what would you do? I do have the guys address on the envelope so I was thinking of sending him a check. Is that a good idea?
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331

RE: Weired ebay situation.
I would send a money order, as there is less personal information on it.
Collecting any and everything LOST 112/138 (81%) LOST autographed cards and 33/95 (35%) LOST Memorabilia Cards.

Just contact eBay and ask. That is what I'd do.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Yeah, I agree, send an email first and then a MO
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

Personally, I'd just send him a money order and be done with it. -He'll have sent, you'll have paid. Fair is fair.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Thanks guys the MO Idea sounds about right. Ebay has nothing to do with this anymore since he is not on there anymore. I did receive my end so Ill complete his end. Thanks for the feedback guys
Props to jbel4331

(10-22-2012, 08:20 PM)daddys lil all star Wrote: Thanks guys the MO Idea sounds about right. Ebay has nothing to do with this anymore since he is not on there anymore. I did receive my end so Ill complete his end. Thanks for the feedback guys
Just a thought, did his account get suspended, hacked or he close it out. Also he may have marked the wrong item as paid if he had several listings & sent your card in error w/out payment. I would contact ebay & or the seller first before sending any $$.
Actually ebay has something to do with it as an account remains open for 6 months wether he closed it or if he got banned.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

Fair and square, you got the card and you need to pay for it..but...ebay should be notified, could be a strange case of hacking or something..
Either way, pay, since you got the card..just let ebay know what the deal is..Could be an interesting story..please share!!

Ill keep you guys updated and i think i will contact ebay to see what happened with the seller. Thanks for all the ideas/help. My intention is to pay.
Props to jbel4331

(10-22-2012, 09:32 PM)krn001 Wrote: Just a thought, did his account get suspended, hacked or he close it out. Also he may have marked the wrong item as paid if he had several listings & sent your card in error w/out payment. I would contact ebay & or the seller first before sending any $$.
Actually ebay has something to do with it as an account remains open for 6 months wether he closed it or if he got banned.
I did this once. I went through the purchase shipping and marked an item as shipped that wasn't paid as I thought I was doing an item that had been paid. Thankfully, the guy paid a few hours later as I hadn't actually sent the item out yet. I held it until he actually paid. It's easy to do when you have multiple completed auctions sitting there in the queue.